The Setters Leadership Badge program is a new badge program that will begin in the Fall of 2023. This is open to all Pace University-Pleasantville undergraduate students. This badge program consists of three tiers that connect to the Setters Leadership Framework. There are three separate badges you can gain while attending Pace University.
Setters Leadership: Individual Service Badge: Earners of the Setters Leadership: Individual Service Badge have developed their leadership skills as they relate to their individual skills and can: describe personal strengths/opportunities for growth in the leadership process; define/defend social, professional, and academic priorities/goals; determine incongruences between personal leadership beliefs/actions; examine the purpose/importance of service; create a personal philosophy of leadership using theoretical knowledge and previous experiences.
- Attend a minimum of three Clifton Strengths or Leadership Workshops hosted by the Setters Leadership Initiatives.
- Attend a minimum of two Setters Leadership Signature Events (Opening Reception, Pace Makes a Difference Day, Pace Talks, Women's Leadership Conference)
- Submit your leadership philosophy OR read an approved leadership book and submit a reflection.
Setters Leadership: Group Service Badge: Earners of the Setters Leadership: Group Service Badge have developed their leadership skills as they relate to working with others. They can: explain the importance of knowing and understanding a group's common goal; demonstrate their ability to collaborate with peers; analyze warning signs of arising conflict; develop and implement an event or project with peers that benefits the community; and evaluate their group and their own effectiveness in working together to achieve the desired outcome.
- Be on a club/organization executive board or a student employee or on a sports team for one year.
- Submit a reflection on your experience.
Setters Leadership: Community Service Badge: Earners of the Setters Leadership: Community Service Badge have developed their leadership skills as they relate to giving back to their community and making a positive impact. They can: identify ways leadership and societal issues intersect in the world; express the strengths that will benefit their post-collegiate plans; explore how their actions/leadership can impact their communities; reflect on their leadership journey; and design/produce a project/program which benefits the greater community.
- Mentor a fellow undergraduate student in an approved peer-mentorship program ran by Pace University.
- Complete 60 community service hours.
- Submit a reflection on your leadership journey at Pace University.
- Develop a program/workshop with a faculty/staff member for the Setters Leadership: Individual Service Badge OR attend the Leadership Excursion and submit a reflection.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about the Setter Leadership Badges, please reach out to the Assistant Director for Leadership Initiatives, Megan Brown.