If you or someone you know would answer yes to any of the following questions, alcohol and other drug use is likely a problem:
- Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of drinking or the use of other drugs?
- Is alcohol or drug use making your college life unhappy?
- Has drinking alcohol or using drugs ever caused conflicts with romantic partners? Friends?
- Has drinking alcohol or using drugs ever caused the loss of a job?
- Do you ever miss classes due to drinking and/or other drug use?
- Has drinking alcohol or use of drugs ever interfered with studying for exams?
- Does drinking or using drugs cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Do you drink or use drugs alone?
- Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drinking or using drugs?
- Do you seek out drinking/drugging companions and drinking/drugging environments?
Where to Get Help
- Pace University Counseling Center (Westchester Campuses)
Administration Center, 2nd floor
Phone: (914) 773-3710
- Pace University Counseling Center (New York City campus)
156 William Street, 8th floor
Phone: (212) 346-1526
- SAMHSA hotline
1 (800) 662-HELP
- Alcoholics Anonymous
Hotline: (212) 647-1680
Find an AA Meeting
Get the AA Mobile App
- Narcotics Anonymous
Regional Helpline: (212) 929-NANA
Find an NA Meeting
- Marijuana Anonymous (MA)
Find an MA Meeting
Get the MA Mobile App
- Sober Grid App
Are you looking to make connections with others in recovery? The Sober Grid App is an easy to use app for individuals practicing abstinence or in recovery. It uses your geo location to connect you to others in your area. It also offers information regarding recovery, a timeline to post on, and quick response time for users in need of help regarding recovery issues.
- Alcohol and Other Drug Assessment, Treatment and Recovery Resources (Westchester Campuses)
- Alcohol and Other Drug Assessment, Treatment and Recovery Resources - New York City (PDF)