MS in Human Resources Management
Human Resources Management, MS
Today's changing business environment requires strategic management of the talent, skills, and knowledge of individuals within a company. Apply what you learn in class to the resource challenges of your organization, demonstrating your capability to innovate and create value. Pursue leadership opportunities with the specialized HR knowledge you gain at Lubin:
- Contemporary theory
- Practice analyzing functional areas
- Integrate strategy with your organization's human resources
The GMAT/GRE is not required for applicants with a minimum of three years of professional work experience in human resources.
ACHIEVE YOUR CAREER GOALS WITH A MASTER'S IN HUMAN RESOURCES
Annual mean salary for human resources managers in New York (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
The Lubin Master's in Human Resources Management offers:
- Excellent compensation: $74,830 is the mean salary for recent graduates of the MS in Human Resources Management program (Source: Pace University Career Services Annual Reports)
- Many opportunities: Employment of human resources managers is expected to grow 9% from 2016 to 2026, as fast as average for all occupations (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- International recognition:
"I took my first class and loved everything about it: the professor, the material, the people I met, and I just had to begin that journey. One of the reasons I came to Pace is because I wanted to get that job in human resources. And I came here, I worked hard, I actually graduated at the top of my class, and I said 'Now that I have this degree, I'm going to go out there and get that HR job.' And I did just that. I have the theoretical background; now I'm going to practice what I've learned, and that, to me, is so exciting, because I've learned so much here. The knowledge, the abilities I have learned, I'm able to take into the real world and just run with it."
- Nisha Lalchandani, Class of 2015, Human Resources Manager, Katz Media Group
- Compensation and benefits director
- Diversity director
- Human resources director
- Director of industrial behavior
- Training and development director
- Employment, recruitment, and placement specialist
- Human resources generalist
- Labor relations manager
- > Explore human resources management careers
GAIN USEFUL SKILLS AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
Lubin's Master's in Human Resource Management fully aligns with the Society for Human Resource Management's (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. The guidelines are part of SHRM's Academic Initiative to define HR education standards taught in university business schools and help universities develop degree programs that follow these standards.
The Master's in Human Resources Management prepares you for leadership roles within human resources and across an organization. Students learn to analyze, design, and evaluate human resources systems and processes—and integrate those systems and processes with business strategy. The curriculum includes organizational behavior, labor relations, and employment law. The Lubin Master's in Human Resources Management offers:
- Core HRM skills: Recruitment, compensation, assessment, and training for human resource management to further organizational goals
- Specialized skills to succeed in senior-level appointments: Analysis of the strategic impact of staffing decisions, processes, retention, and staff-flow management
- Theory and current best practices to identify sustainable, competitive advantages by adapting human resources strategies and practices to market fluctuations and shifting pressure from competitors
WHY STUDY HUMAN RESOURCES IN NEW YORK CITY?
"Our program is unique in the sense that classes are very small, we have a great graduate HR club that is very aggressive with networking, and there are a lot of internship opportunities for students."
- Professor Ibraiz Tarique
TAKE THE NEXT STEPS
- Open Houses, Information Sessions, and Online Information Sessions
- Campus tours and video tours
- Financial aid
- Request information
- Application guidelines
- Questions? Contact the Office of Graduate Admission
GRADUATES OF THIS PROGRAM WERE HIRED BY:
- Itkowitz PLLC
- Lyon Heart Communications Inc.
- Madison Square Garden
- Warner Music Group
- > See job placement statistics
- > Learn about our lifetime Career Services
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE INTERNING AT INTERNATIONALLY RESPECTED COMPANIES, INCLUDING:
- The Club of Riverdale
- Diesel USA, Inc.
- The Four Seasons
- JPMorgan Chase
- > Learn about internship placement