Public Relations, BS
Become A Professional PR Maven
Today, public relations encompasses much more than writing press releases and pitch letters; it requires mastery of the digital landscape including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram, now hallmarks of public relations. Pace’s innovative BS in Public Relations teaches you the concepts and techniques of public relations, and advances your knowledge of the creative strategies and the legal and ethical issues associated with the profession of public relations. You will emerge prepared to enter into a career in public relations, and equipped to navigate the ever-changing media and communications landscape.
Learning That Inspires Intellect
- Hands-on Learning: In our Communications Center, where you will take most of your classes, you will work with professional digital equipment such as HDV cameras, AVID and Final Cut Studio editing systems, and view films in the screening room, featuring digital video projection and a 92” screen.
- In required internships, you will earn academic credit and gain valuable professional skills as well as build a network of industry contacts for a lifetime.
- Our innovative, scholarly faculty are experts in a variety of specialties including video and audio production, screenwriting, public relations, advertising, media theory, film, performance, speech and journalism. Specialized adjunct professors bring valuable knowledge of the most current trends in their fields to the coursework, and enhance your networking opportunities.
Take Courses Like…
Course topics include public relations campaigns, celebrity PR, crisis communications, event planning for PR, PR research, writing PR copy, and case studies in public relations, where you will analyze successful and failed strategies.
- MCA 497 Public Relations Campaigns
- MCA 263 Event Planning for Public Relations
- MCA 382 Celebrity Public Relations
Add Opportunities and Experiences
Students can work with EntranceOne, a student-run public relations agency. As a part of EntranceOne, students will be a key player in executing several department and campus events, including student and faculty art shows, Connections in Communications, and the MCVA Jamboree! EntranceOne members are also engaged in service-learning projects where they develop and execute communication plans for external organizations.
Choose Your Career
Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared to choose from a variety of career options, such as:
- Consumer Relations
- Community Relations Manager
- Corporate Communications Manager
- Employee Relations
- Event Management
- Investor Relations
- Media Relations
- Public Relations Strategist
- Social Media Management
Where Graduates are Employed
- Broadsheet Communications
- Digitas North America
- New York Mets
- Rachel Ray