The registration process for creating a new student organization occurs once every fall and spring semester. Deadlines to register a new student organization will always be October 29 in the fall semester and February 25 in the spring semester. To get a new student organization started, here is what you will need:
- A great idea! Something that is new, different, or improved the life of campus and creates an opportunity to engage peers in a social and educational learning environment
- A roster of at least six people (5 officers and 1 general member) although we recommend more!
- An advisor, who must be a full-time faculty or staff member at the University
- A Constitution. Do not fear, we have a template for you to use
- 3–5 goals for your first year
Once we have received your paperwork and confirm that you are a recognized student organization, you will be called into the office to have an initial meeting with a professional that will help guide you through the initial stages of the new student organization process. We call this Getting Started Right!