The Helene & Grant Wilson Center for Social Entrepreneurship was established in 2005 to serve the nonprofit community and Pace University. Devoted to honing the risk-taking spirit and managerial skills of nonprofit organizations and social enterprises, the Center was launched with a pledge from Helene and Grant Wilson, whose philanthropic endeavors convinced them that entrepreneurial management can help social ventures increase their impact.
The Wilson Center aims to build a diverse portfolio of research projects with a focus on the identification and analysis of immediate issues facing nonprofits, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and social enterprises. To that end, the Center invites Pace University faculty members to apply for appointments as 2021-2022 Wilson Center Fellows. Fellows will serve a 1-year term (October through September). During that time, Wilson Fellows will work on specific projects (case studies and academic research are strongly preferred, interdisciplinary work is encouraged) that support the Center’s mission and goals. In return, fellows will receive $5,000 of research funding (placed in a Scholarly Research Account) provided in two installments. The initial installment in the amount of $2,500 will be transferred to your scholarly research account upon appointment. The remaining $2,500 will be transferred when the final deliverable paper has been accepted by the committee (no later than September 2022) and the fellow has completed a Wilson Center Brown Bag Lunch Research Seminar or similar research showcase on campus. Fellows may reapply after a 4-year hiatus including the award year.
- Faculty member at Pace, tenure-track or tenured candidates preferred. New/incoming faculty are eligible to apply.
- Submit a 1-2 page interim report in April 2022.
- Participate in a Faculty Steering Committee for a 3-year term including the award year.
- Give permission to display work on the University’s DigitalCommons Repository.
- Participate in an on-campus research presentation in the academic year following the award year.
- Submit a final deliverable (working paper) acknowledging the Wilson Center, by September 2022.
Applications will be evaluated based on three criteria
- Project advances the identification and analysis of immediate issues facing nonprofits and social enterprises.
- Project includes a specific, publishable, research project (case studies and academic research preferred) with a one-year deliverable deadline.
- Project engages current Pace students in the research.
The deadline for proposal submission is Friday, August 20, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Using this Qualtrics link, applicants should submit (1) An anonymous 800 word abstract and (2) a curriculum vitae. Fellows will be selected based on the strength of their applications in a blind review by the Wilson Center Faculty Steering Committee, which is made up of past Fellows. It is anticipated that four Fellows will be appointed, with an expected announcement date of September 29, 2021. Please direct any questions to the Wilson Center Faculty Steering Committee, email@example.com.