We've collected links on a variety of health and safety topics. Please explore these informative websites.
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory (National Academy Press, 2011)
- Biosafety in the Laboratory (National Academy Press, 1989)
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (PDF) (CDC, 5th Edition)
- Less is Better Guide to minimizing waste in laboratories (PDF) (ACS, 2002)
- Environmental Management Guide for Small Laboratories (EPA, 2000)
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories for students (ACS, 7th edition)
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories for faculty (ACS, 7th edition)
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards September 2005
- Best Glove has a website to help you choose the appropriate gloves based on application, hazard, or chemicals.
- Chemical Reactivity Worksheet - Downloadable program developed by the EPA and NOAA in collaboration with CCPS to help determine material compatibility and reactivity. This is a very helpful tool for proper chemical segregation and storage.
- OSHA/EPA Chemical Database - Available database reports include: "Physical Properties," "Exposure Guidelines," "NIOSH Pocket Guide," and "Emergency Response Information," including the DOT Emergency Response Guide. In addition, an all-in-one report, "Full Report," is available.
- SIRI MSDS Database - you can find the MSDS for pretty much anything here.
- Safety Information for Household Products – Features information for materials you may have at home or in the office.
- Fisher Scientific
- J.T. Baker
- TechAir (Compressed gas cylinders)
- Bio-Rad (Type the product number and "MSDS" into the search field)
- EPA (40CFR) - We're in Region 2 (NY, NJ, PR, USVI, and 8 Tribal Nations)
- NYS DEC (New York State Department of Environmental Conservation)
- NYC DEP (New York City Department of Environmental Protection)
- NYC DOHMH (New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene)
- FDNY - Fire Prevention (New York City Fire Department's Bureau of Fire Prevention)
- OSHA (29CFR 1910)
- NIOSH (Center for Disease Control and Prevention: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
- Lab Safety Supply - Pretty much anything you need, safety-wise
- New Pig - Absorbents, spill clean-up, etc.