Twice a year, the Faculty Center sponsors the Academic Portfolio Workshop (APW). The APW is open to full-time faculty (non-tenure track, clinical, tenure-track, or tenured) who seek to develop their dossiers for mid-tenure, promotion, or tenure review. This intensive workshop is designed to support the development of your portfolio’s (a) Executive Summary and (b) Statement for any ONE of the three portfolio areas: teaching, scholarship and service.
APW will be on January 8 to 12 in person and remotely. Please review the agenda for more details.
- Day 1, Monday January 8, remotely.
- Day 2, Tuesday January 9, 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m., in person. This is the official start of APW. Attendance at this meeting is required.
- Day 3, Wednesday January 10, 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m., in person is optional.
- Day 4, Thursday January 11, 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m., in person. Attendance at this meeting is required.
- Day 5, Friday January 12, remotely. This is the final day of APW.
During the APW, participants are paired with a mentor who will be assigned. The mentor will review multiple drafts and revisions of the Executive Summary and the Statement you have chosen to work on within a short span of time. Please note that the first drafts of your statement and executive summary are due before the workshop begins on December 3, 2023 to allow the mentor time to review your material and provide you feedback on the first day of the workshop. The Faculty Center has prepared dossier outlines, tips, and strategies to help you formulate your drafts.
To get the most benefit, please apply to the workshop only if you are able to make the substantial work and time commitment required, a minimum of 20 hours.
The application doesn’t require upload of documents, so please apply by November 5 (drafts will be due December 3). Apply for the January 2024 Academic Portfolio Workshop.
Please email Ally Kimmel with any questions.