Dear New Pace University Faculty,
Welcome to Pace University!
The New Faculty Orientation was held remotely through Zoom on Wednesday August 25, 2021 from 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. This orientation introduced you to Pace policies and several key contacts and departments at Pace that provide resources and services for faculty and students.
Reviewed topics: expectations, research/scholarship, human resources, Pace Library, teaching with technology, the University Calendar, COVID-19, diversity and inclusion, mental and physical health, and student success.
- Greetings & Introductions
- President’s Welcome
- Provost’s Welcome
9:15 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
- Welcome & Expectations–Deans Panel
10:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
- Getting to Know You and Your Research–Office of Research
10:30 a.m.–11:00 a.m.
- Academic Technology
- Pace Online
- Library Instructional Services
11:00 a.m.–11:15 a.m.
11:15 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Academic Operations/Faculty Support
11:30 a.m.–11:45 a.m.
- COVID-19/Campus Safety
11:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Human Resources/Benefits
12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m. - Lunch Break
General non-confidential questions and support for the following topics will be available in 2 breakout rooms:
- IT Support
- Human Resources
1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
- Student Affairs and Supporting Student Mental Health
- Student Support - Health Care
2:30 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Student Success Policies and Resources
3:00 p.m.–3:45 p.m.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Pace
- Title IX
In an effort to welcome you to Pace University and make you aware of some of the services and resources available here on campus, representatives from various departments have provided the information below. Please review them before the New Faculty Orientation and acquaint yourselves with the multitude of resources that the Pace community has to offer.
Add the University Meetings calendar to Outlook
Please be sure to download the “University Meetings” calendar on Outlook to keep current on events and meetings. Please review the instructions to access the calendar below:
- Right-click on “Shared Calendars” in Microsoft Outlook
- After you right-click, click “add calendars”
- Click, “from address book”
- A window will pop up that says, “Select Name: Global Address List”
- In the empty, white field, please type, “university meetings”
- Click the first name in the address list and click, “OK”