This semester has been filled with Zoom meeting after Zoom meeting, which leaves little time for much else. The Write Club invites faculty to put a block into their calendar to think and write.
During the entire month of May, for two uninterrupted hours a day, we will gather virtually in order to have a distraction-free write space, allowing everyone the clear atmosphere to get their thoughts onto paper. Anyone can join Write Club but everyone must follow the Write Club rules:
- The First Rule of Write Club - You Do Not Talk during Write Club. You Write.
- The Second Rule of Write Club - You Do Not Talk during Write Club.
- The Third Rule of Write Club - No Phones. No email.
- The Fourth Rule of Write Club - If you are asked to do something during the time set for Write Club, Say No.
- The Fifth Rule of Write Club - Call Your Shot. State what you intend to write at the start time.
- The Sixth Rule of Write Club - Check In at the end. What Did You Write?
Note: you do not have to participate Monday through Friday in May. Please come join us for the time you are available to be able devote your time to writing. For the first 5 minutes of each day we will talk about what we are working on, and then we will turn off Zoom, phones, emails to focus on writing. Then last 5 minutes of those two hours we will talk about what we have accomplished.
Date: May 3 to May 31, 2021 (Note: May 11 & May 13 Write Club won't be held since we will be having our annual Institute on Teaching and Learning)
Time: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Tuesday & Thursday: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Facilitator: Joan Walker, Interim Associate Provost for Academic Affairs and Research
Register for Write Club