If you’re looking for a distraction-free time to work on writing projects this semester, consider joining the Faculty Center’s Write Club. We will meet via Zoom every Thursday at 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. between September 21 and December 7, 2023.
Anyone can join Write Club but all participants must follow Write Club rules:
- The First Rule of Write Club - Do Not Talk during Write Club.
- The Second Rule of Write Club - No Phones. No email. No distractions.
- The Third Rule of Write Club - If you are asked to do something during the time set for Write Club, Say No.
- The Fourth Rule of Write Club - State what you intend to write at the start time.
- The Fifth Rule of Write Club - Check in at the end.
For the first 5 minutes of each session, participants will share their writing plans, then we will turn off Zoom cameras, phones, and emails to focus on writing. We will reconvene during the last 5 minutes to share what we have accomplished. We understand that sometimes you’ll need to miss a session due to unforeseen circumstances, but we ask for a commitment so that we can create a consistent writing community where we hold each other and ourselves accountable.
Date: Thursdays, September 21–December 7, 2023
Time: 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
Facilitators: Faculty Center’s Jennifer Pankowski (Senior Faculty Fellow) and Anna Beskin (Director)
Please note: if you can’t make these meetings due to a scheduling conflict but would still like to participate in a writing group, please email Anna Beskin, Faculty Center Director, and we’ll connect you with others who may also be interested in forming a group at another time.