Write Club is back! Every Thursday at 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m., February 9–April 20 2023, join us via Zoom to have a distraction-free time to work on writing projects.
For the first 5 minutes of each session, we will talk about what we are working on, and then we will turn off Zoom cameras, phones, and emails to focus on writing. We will reconvene during the last 5 minutes to share what we have accomplished.
Anyone can join Write Club but everyone must follow the Write Club rules:
- The First Rule of Write Club - Do Not Talk during Write Club.
- The Second Rule of Write Club - No Phones. No email. No distractions.
- The Third Rule of Write Club - If you are asked to do something during the time set for Write Club, Say No.
- The Fourth Rule of Write Club - State what you intend to write at the start time.
- The Fifth Rule of Write Club - Check in at the end. What Did You Write?
We understand that sometimes you’ll need to miss a session due to unforeseen circumstances, but we ask that you make a commitment so that we can create a consistent writing community where we hold each other and ourselves accountable.
Date: Thursdays, February 9–April 20, 2023
Time: 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
Facilitators: Jennifer Pankowski, Senior Faculty Fellow and School of Education; and Anna Beskin, Faculty Center Director and Dyson College of Arts and Sciences
Please note: if you can’t make these meetings due to a scheduling conflict but would still like to participate in a writing group, please email Anna Beskin, Faculty Center Director, and we’ll connect you with others who may also be interested in forming a group at another time.