Early Childhood Development and Learning, MST
New York City
Impact Early Learning
Gain the knowledge to support the learning and development of young children from birth to 2nd grade. Engage in coursework that focuses on practices that address the cultural, emotional, developmental, and linguistic needs of young children in the classroom, at home, in community settings, and through partnerships with families. An undergraduate degree in education is not necessary, so career changers are welcome. And classes are conveniently offered in the evening and online to accommodate your schedule!
Be Ahead of the Class
- Become part of an education network for life. The bonds that form between our faculty and students last long beyond graduation.
- Get hired. Our strong partnerships with local school districts mean our students are getting hired before they even graduate.
- Our coursework integrates key knowledge and outlooks necessary to teach in today’s modern classrooms, using technology to address the specific needs of all learners, including students with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- We are a proud member of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP), an accreditation organization that holds our programs to the highest standard of teacher preparation and effectiveness.
TAKE COURSES LIKE…
Immerse yourself in coursework with renowned faculty and clinically rich field experience. Graduate equipped with the skills to promote child development and learning through building family and community relationships. Leverage developmentally effective approaches to build a meaningful curriculum. Observe, document, and assess learning that supports both young children and their families.
- ED 704 Blended Curricular Approaches in Early Childhood
- ED 706 Creating Responsive Early Childhood Environments
- ED 712 Developmentally Appropriate Early Childhood Assessment Practices
ADD OPPORTUNITIES AND EXPERIENCES
The Early Childhood Development and Learning program’s in-depth and clinically rich field experiences will prepare you for success as a certified early childhood teacher (birth–second grade). This includes 100 hours of fieldwork hours targeted toward the three developmental age groups of early childhood. Additionally, you will complete a full-time internship for 14 weeks in pre-school, kindergarten, or first/second grade with an accompanying student teaching seminar (ED 714).
CHOOSE YOUR CAREER
This program will prepare you to take on the many roles in early childhood, including classroom teachers, developmental specialists, home visitors, and family support professionals.
NYC Department of Education
of our graduates are employed or continuing their education
Highest-Paid Education Graduates in the US —College Factual
Highest Paid Special Education Graduates in the US —Grad Reports