New York City
Prepare for an Exciting and Evolving Industry
Earn a degree that will prepare you for the future for publishing. Our MS in Publishing equips you with the skills and knowledge necessary to launch and maintain a successful career in the dynamic publishing and media industries.
Build Your Skills and Network
- Our comprehensive curriculum reflects the most current industry innovations and is taught by industry professionals.
- You will develop expertise in the critical area of content creation and editing and gain a strong foundation in the business of publishing, digital media, editorial, and marketing skills.
- Internships are often an integral part of students’ education. Our internship program gives you the opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge at leading publishers like Condé Nast, Simon & Schuster, and Hachette Book Group.
Take Courses Like…
At the heart of our 36-credit program is a core curriculum designed to provide you with a comprehensive, fully integrated overview of the industry—books, magazines, print, and digital.
- PUB 624 Editorial Principles and Practices
- PUB 634 Children's Book Publishing
- PUB 613 The Future of Publishing: Transmedia
Add Opportunities and Experiences
We provide you with guidance through every step of your academic career and offer numerous opportunities for you to gain professional experience through internships and graduate assistantships, and through our One-to-One Mentoring program that connects you one-to-one with industry professionals.
- Students in the program receive weekly news about the latest job and internship opportunities.
- Program provides you with access to publishing events in New York and abroad.
- Program events include speed-mentoring and special lectures by publishing luminaries that provide networking opportunities for students.
- Industry organizations are an important part of the MS in Publishing program in that our association with them allows students exclusive access to industry events and conferences for educational and networking purposes.
- The MS in Publishing Blog serves as an essential resource for current students, alumni, and faculty. One of the main objectives is to provide currently enrolled students, prospective students, and alumni with a forum for departmental news as well as alumni and faculty profiles and interviews.
- Student Appreciation Events are held each spring to honor both current students and alumni of the program. All currently enrolled students are invited to attend and these events provide students an opportunity to network with faculty, alumni, and publishing professionals.
"As someone who moved to New York with no knowledge of the industry and even less knowledge of where I belonged in it, the Pace MS in Publishing program not only helped me find my place, but also allowed me to make the connections I needed and find lifelong friends along the way. The professors at Pace have a desire to see their students succeed which makes all the difference. Two semesters into the program I was able to intern with Simon & Schuster and immediately after was hired by Hachette Book Group and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without professors like Manuela Soares mentoring and advocating for me. " —Ely Mellet '18, Junior Designer at Scholastic
Choose Your Career
You may choose to complete an internship, during which you will acquire practical work experience in the publishing field. A dedicated faculty member will work to connect you with potential internship employers, help you develop cover letters and resumes, and facilitate peer-to-peer discussion about their experiences.
Where Graduates are Employed
- Abrams Books
- Conde Nast Publications, Inc
- DC Comics
- Hachette Book Group
- HarperCollins Publishers
- Penguin Random House
- Simon & Schuster
- W.W. Norton
View a complete list on the Publishing department site.
of Dyson College of Arts and Sciences graduates from the class of 2019 are employed, continuing their education, or are doing volunteer or military service. (Source: Pace University Career Services)
average salary for graduates with a MS in Publishing Degree (Source: PayScale.com)
What Your Need to Know
The GRE isn’t necessary, but all other requirements of the degree program apply to the certificate programs. Please see Graduate Application Procedures for the requirements.