What Are Outreach and Consultation Services?
The Counseling Center is dedicated to improving the overall well-being and resiliency of our students. One of the ways we serve the campus in this way is through our outreach programming.
We frequently collaborate with student groups, academic departments, various campus partners, and other organizations on campus who are working to promote the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
The staff at the Counseling Center is available to help University staff and faculty in the following ways:
- Consultation regarding how to best help students presenting with psychological concerns in the classroom and office setting (also please refer to Faculty and Staff Student Referral Guide)
- Participation in Counseling Center workshops offered to the University community
- Assistance with staff and faculty around personal issues and concerns through a brief evaluation followed by referral to community resources for ongoing support and help
- Westchester Campus Liaison Program: works with academic and other offices, departments and campus partners. The goal of this program is to build and strengthen the relationship between campus offices and departments and the Counseling Center. Campus departments, offices and partners are assigned a specific liaison that will serve as their contact person at the Counseling Center. This liaison can be called if and when there is a question or concern related to the mental health needs of students and other associated issues.
For helpful resources, please visit our Faculty and Staff Resources page.
- Alcohol and other drug awareness
- Body image
- Building self-esteem
- Eating disorders
- Stress management
- Study skills
- Time management
Trainings provided in the past include:
- Introduction to Counseling Center Services
- Dealing with a Student in Crisis
- Making a Referral to the Counseling Center
- Suicide: Facts and Fables
How long are the presentations?
Our workshops and presentations typically require a one to two-hour time slot, though some topics require more time than this. The topics above may need to be modified or narrowed to fit certain time frames and special situations or interests.
Are there other topics available?
The programs and workshops listed here are intended to give you an idea of the types of services we have provided in the past. Our staff is available to design programs on other topics to meet your specific needs and concerns. We will also help individuals and groups in the development and implementation of their own programs.
How soon can a presentation be provided?
Our presentations and workshops can be provided throughout the year. Please provide at least 2-weeks’ notice so the workshop can be developed and schedules can be adjusted. However, the earlier you contact us, the more likely it is that we can meet your specific needs.
How do I schedule a workshop or presentation?
Requests for programs, special topic presentations, workshops, and consultations can be made by:
University 101 presentations 2023-2024
Submit your presentation request by September 8, 2023.
New York City
Phone: (212) 346-1526