Tips For Academic and Personal Success and Connecting To Others
- Start by simply observing yourself, others and your environment
- Be open-minded and curious
- Ask questions
- Find allies
- Meet students with similar passions through organizations, activities and other common interests
- Connect with students who are different from you through clubs and other activities
- Get to know your professors and don’t hesitate to ask for help and input
- Put study habits into place with realistic expectations, a daily schedule, and good organization
- Limit alcohol and other drug use
- Exercise, eat and sleep well, and find other ways to manage stress.
- Recognize that some anxiety, loneliness, sadness and stress is expectable in college
- Allow yourself and others to make mistakes. Sometimes these interpersonal bumps or disappointments can lead to better understanding and deeper connections to others.
- Reach out and use the supports available to you at Pace including the Counseling Center
Some Pace University Resources