Student Digital Toolkit
As a student at Pace you are certain to need access to all of these systems sooner or later.
Activate or unlock your MyPace Portal account, change or reset your password, update your security questions, and download free copies of software such as Microsoft Office on the Apps/Download
Access your course materials, post assignments, participate in group discussion boards, and much more using this online course management system.
Enroll and manage devices that uses the Duo Multifactor Authentication (MFA) to access MFA-protected systems or services.
Communicate with your fellow students, professors, friends and family, and keep your schedules organized using the robust email and calendar system.
Opt in and authorize one or more persons (e.g. parents/guardians) to whom your education records may be released. These records include grades, transcripts, course schedules, and other confidential information
Submit online ticket requests for areas such as Facilities, Financial Aid, Human Resources, IT, Student Accounts, and get updates or track your ticket status
Access a vast online library of instructional videos to improve your software, creative, and business skills.
Click on the Student tab to register for classes, view your class schedule and final grades, review your financial aid, update your personal information, and see important announcements
Access Pace's Office 365 cloud service to get premium Office apps, teamwork collaboration, and extra cloud storage all in one convenient subscription.
Register to receive time-sensitive emergency notifications via telephone (cellular or landline), email and text messaging.
Use this online directory to find information such as your MyPace username and email address. You can also find phone/fax numbers and location for faculty and staff.
Access your Pace University personal webspace.
Find out about the latest IT related system outages, updates, and news.
Use this online storage system to upload and store documents for easy access and retrieval using the web. Students receive 1 GB of free storage space.
New Student Checklist
Review the New Student Checklist for important steps needed for account activation, access to systems, familiarizing policies, and more.
- Use the Pace Directory to find information such as your MyPace username and email address
- Activate your MyPace account and set up your password, go to Account Activation
- Activate your Duo MFA account and download the Duo Mobile app, by going to Duo Multifactor Device Enrollment portal
- Access IT systems you will need such as MyPace Portal for information about your courses, accounts, financial aid, grades, etc.
- Access your Pace email account.
- Access your Classes (Brightspace) account at classes.pace.edu
Note: You must be registered for courses in order to login.
- Access your ePortfolio account to add files to your portfolio of your accomplishments at eportfolio.pace.edu
- Register to receive time-sensitive emergency notifications via telephone (cellular or landline), email and text messaging at alert.pace.edu
- Use your Pace ID Card for self-service Pharos printing in the Tech Zone, Computer Resource Center, and Pace University Library: Onecard
- Access information on the PACE-WIFI network by visiting Configuring Wireless.
- Subscribe to our ITNotices Listserv, to obtain important IT-related updates and information.
- Pace students are responsible for reading and abiding to the University’s Appropriate Use Policy for Information Technology
- Learn about Information Technology Services variety of services and resources
IT Support and Services
The Office of Academic Technologies serves the Pace community by integrating and supporting various instructional technologies for teaching and learning. The staff educates faculty and students about the effective use of these technologies, including learning management systems, web conferencing, lecture capture software and electronic portfolios.
Educational Media Services
The Educational Media Centers (EMC) provide audio/visual services and media support throughout the university. This includes assisting the faculty and students in their academic endeavors.
ITS Help Desk
ITS representatives are available by phone, and email to assist you with any technology related questions or concerns. ITS provides remote, onsite and walk-in service for hardware and software issues for Pace owned equipment. You can contact the ITS Help Desk through the following mediums:
Note: The Walk-in Center is located inside the Computer Resource Center on either the New York or Pleasantville campus. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, staffing at our walk-in center locations has been significantly reduced. We strongly recommend that you call the ITS Help Desk first for assistance, or if you need to make a walk-in appointment with a technician.
Tech Zone/Computer Resource Center
The Tech Zone and Computer Resource Center (CRC) provides open-access computer labs for anyone with an active MyPace Portal account. Lab software offerings include many popular word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, graphics software and other packages as well as course-specific offerings for the Mac and PC.
Important tech tools for learning
The Digital Toolkit is a collection of self-help guides, tutorials, and resources geared to help students and faculty at Pace. The toolkit includes software and tools supported by ITS. It is a one-stop shop for self-service help, frequently asked questions, and troubleshooting.
Duo Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
Pace University uses Duo Multifactor Authentication (MFA) to access MFA-protected systems or services, for example portal.pace.edu. Duo MFA adds a second layer of security. When logging into Duo-protected systems, you will be prompted to enter your MyPace Portal username and password, plus an additional 6-digit passcode, which you'll retrieve from the Duo Mobile app installed on a secondary device in your possession (e.g. smartphone or tablet).
The Duo Mobile app is free and will work with any Apple, Android, or Windows mobile device. You will be able to download the app from your device’s app store during the setup process.
- Duo MFA Intro Article and List of Protected Systems
- Duo Self-Enrollment Portal
- Instructions Article: Duo (MFA): First Device Enrollment
- Instructions Article: Duo (MFA): Manage Your Devices
- Instructions Article: Duo (MFA): Bypass Codes for Students - Use only if you’ve lost access to your enrolled device or Duo Mobile app
General IT Security Guidelines
Identity thieves are constantly trying new ways to compromise your devices and to steal your personal information. Phishing schemes have increased significantly and are getting more sophisticated. Users need to be extra vigilant when checking email or going online. The steps below can also help you stay more secure.
- Make sure you have the latest patches and antivirus updates on your computer and other mobile devices; including smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
- Never give anyone your username, password, or any other personal info.
- Do not open emails, attachments, or links from unknown sources.
- Do not visit untrusted websites; this will reduce any chances of your computer or device getting infected with malware.
- Physical security of your devices is also important; make sure you enable password PINs on your devices, in case they are ever lost or stolen.
ITS offers Higher Education discount programs for Dell and Apple computers. In addition, many popular software programs are available at educational discounts.
View a list of all current outages, as well as scheduled and recurring maintenance which may affect access to Pace systems and related applications. You can also subscribe to our IT Notices listserv from this page to receive our IT-related updates directly via your Pace student email account.
Obtain important IT related announcements and subscribe to the ITNotices-L email list to receive them in your inbox.
ITS Self-Help Center
The IT knowledgebase is where you will find useful how-to articles with step-by-step instructions and information on a range of Pace systems, resources and FAQs.
The MyPace Mobile app brings campus to your fingertips and enables you to connect with the Pace University community. Stay on top of your events, classes, and assignments with the built in calendar function, and get notified of important dates, deadlines & security announcements. Contact classmates and friends, ask questions, and access campus resources at any time!
This online application gives you the chance to connect and share ideas with other accepted students. Find topics on everything from getting adjusted to college academics to living in the residence halls, resources to explore areas of study and degrees, and important dates and announcements to join us on campus. With PaceBound, you'll start the year off knowing where you're going, what you're doing, and who you're doing it with!
Looking for a particular service? Search through the ITS catalog for system access, services, and offerings.
Skype for Business
This great online tool integrates instant messaging (IM), PC-to-PC audio and video, document and screen-sharing capabilities, and Web Conferencing functionality into one easy to use unified platform that can contribute to greater collaboration and more effective communication between students, faculty, and staff.
Student jobs may be available at ITS in a variety of areas. We provide real world on-the-job experience and learning opportunities.
Our Pharos “green” initiative offers printing, copying, and scan-to-email capabilities on all three campuses. As a student, you can conveniently print from any Computer Resource Center location as well as from the Birnbaum or Mortola Libraries. In addition, you can print from home or your dorm room by installing a remote printing client on your computer.
Supported Hardware and Supported Applications
ITS Client Support Office is a certified repair service center for Pace-owned Dell and Apple computers. Review which Pace system versions are supported and recommendations for hardware/software.
Visit this page to learn how to register and connect your mobile device to the PACE-WIFI network.