main navigation
my pace
Office of Student Assistance

Registration FAQ

How do I register for classes?

You can register online 7 days a week, 24-hours a day through MyPace Portal once you are eligible to do so. 

Back To Top

How do I know when to register?

You are able to view your registration dates and times under the "Registration Status" section of My Pace Portal. This information will be available approximately a week prior to the opening of semester registration.

Back To Top

How do I withdraw from a class after the semester has started?

During the fall or spring semester, you may withdraw from a class during the first 8 weeks of the semester without special permission. However, it is required that you consult with your adviser and/or your instructor before making this decision. You can drop via the web but you should get a print out of your transaction for your file.

During the 9th and 10th weeks of the term, you must have the approval of your instructor and the Dean to withdraw from a course without academic penalty. After the 10th week of the semester, withdrawals are only permitted when there are extenuating personal or medical circumstances (which must be documented). The specific withdrawal deadline dates for each semester are listed in the Academic Calendar. Students who receive an authorized withdrawal will receive a grade of “W” for the course, which carries no academic penalty but is recorded on the official transcript. However, students who stop attending courses during the semester and do not follow these withdrawal procedures will receive a failing grade for the course.

Important Note:

  • Depending on how many credits you withdraw from, and if your total number of credits falls below 12 credits, your financial aid and housing may be affected, so you should also check with those offices before withdrawing from any classes.
  • International Students must follow different guidelines. Please see the next question for more details.

Back To Top

Do international students have specific guidelines for dropping or withdrawing from classes?

International students are required by law to be registered full-time both fall and spring semesters. Full-time for undergraduate students is 12 credits; graduate students is 9 credits.

Back To Top

Do international students need to maintain a certain course load?

International students CANNOT drop courses at any point in the semester if it will take them below full-time status WITHOUT prior permission from an adviser in the Office of International Programs & Services, a Deviation Form will need to be signed to authorize the reduced course load.

Back To Top

How do I remove a hold from my account?

Holds are put on by many different departments for many reasons, usually because the department is in need of Information from a student. These holds may prevent students from registering until that information is received. Students must check their accounts during the early part of each semester to determine if they have any holds, and if they do, they should contact the department from which the hold originates and do whatever is necessary to have it removed.

View a list of possible reasons for a hold and how to resolve them.

Back To Top