group of Pace University students walking and laughing

AP, IB, and College Credits

We want to reward the hard work you’ve done in high school or college. Which is why, after you have been admitted, your Pace University school, college, or department will determine which of your previous courses will carry over. Pace University accepts AP or IB credits earned in high school, as well as college-credit coursework earned before acceptance and enrollment at Pace University. Incoming first year students should have their qualifying AP, IB, or college-credit coursework submitted to Pace at least two weeks before attending orientation. Failure to do so may impact course registration for the upcoming semester.

Pace University participates with several electronic transcripts networks: Credentials, Parchment Exchange, National Student Clearing House, and eSCRIP-SAFE. Whenever possible, Pace prefers to receive transcripts electronically. Confirm with the prior institution to determine if they participate in any of these networks. If a recipient email address is required, please use

AP and IB Credits

Students who receive a score of 4 or 5 on AP examinations may be awarded transfer credit. For AP Computer Science A, a score of a 3 or higher is acceptable for college credit. Learn more about the Advanced Placement (AP) credit equivalencies at Pace University. Review the steps to send your AP scores to Pace University through the CollegeBoard website. For a full list of Pace’s AP Test score requirements, visit the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences’s AP Exam Equivalencies page.

Students who receive a score of 4, 5, 6, or 7 on Higher Level International Baccalaureate (IB) exams may be awarded transfer credit. Review the steps to send your IB diploma to Pace University through the International Baccalaureate website.

A maximum of 30 credits can be earned through AP, IB, or CLEP exam transfer credits.

College Coursework Credit

If you have taken college-level courses at a local college or university while attending high school you may receive transfer credits. Please make sure you have an official college transcript sent to Pace University. Students must have received a final grade of C or higher to be (considered/eligible) to receive transfer credits. Official college or university transcripts should be sent to Undergraduate Admission two weeks before attending orientation.