updates related to covid-19
Student locker rentals for commuters will not be available at the on-set of the semester. Students who rented the lockers in Spring 2020 will be given a period of time to retrieve the items left in lockers. Once all belongings have been picked up, the lockers will need to be cleaned and sanitized by facilities before being rented again. We anticipate lockers being available for rental October 1st. Rental is per semester. At the end of the semester, lockers will need to be cleaned and sanitized again for the spring.
NYC Student’s Lockers
There are lockers throughout One Pace Plaza, which may be rented by matriculated PACE students. Lockers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. They are rented at the Auxiliary Services office located on the B-Level. Renters may choose their locker (subject to availability). Lockers are available at several locations.
Rentals are made on a semester basis. Once a locker has been rented, it may be renewed indefinitely.
Rental fees are as follows:
- Only current registered students may rent lockers. Lockers will be confiscated for the semester(s) if renter is not registered student.
- Pace University is not responsible for property in lockers. Rental of a locker is at a student’s own risk. Do not store valuable property such as laptops, iPods, etc., in the locker.
- Payment must be made in full prior to securing a locker via electronic check or credit card.
- The rental fee is non-refundable.
- No food or beverages may be stored in the locker.
- No hazardous materials may be stored in the locker.
- Illegal or controlled substances such as drugs or alcohol are also strictly prohibited
- All lockers must be cleared out by the appropriate expiration date. Failure to properly clear out your locker at the end of the rental period will result in the removal of contents by Auxiliary Services.
- Items removed from lockers by Auxiliary Services will be stored for a four-week period. There will be $10.00 storage charge that must be paid in order to retrieve items within the four-week storage period. After which time all items will be discarded. Only the person to whom the locker was rented will be authorized to retrieve belongings.
- The Auxiliary services office reserves the right to open a locker with or without the consent of the renter in instances where locker procedures are being abused or in the case of an emergency.
- Once you have selected a locker and received a combination, that is the locker you must utilize until the end of the semester.
If you would like to rent a locker on the Westchester campus, please email SDCA or call at (914) 773-3767.
Laundry – Please contact Residential Life for any issues
Laundrytrackerconnect.com is an Internet application that allows the students to monitor the status of washers and dryers in connected laundry rooms through a Web browser. Laundrytrackerconnect.com’s mission is to help students save time by providing information about the current state of laundry room equipment wherever you have access to a browser or email messages. For Repair - You can contact them at (617) 969-4340 or at automaticlaundry.com.
Once the website is accessed, input Pace and submit query, you will then see the Pace Campuses laundry rooms (New York, Pleasantville, and White Plains). In each campus they’re a number of laundry rooms per floor and this website gives you access to see the status of the laundry machines. The statuses that may be shown are:
- Washer (available)
- In Use (while indicates remaining time)
- Out of Order
- Dryer (available)