Do you dream of starting your own business, becoming a consultant or freelancer, or developing a sideline? In this course, you will examine the key factors for entrepreneurial success, learn how to think like an entrepreneur, identify entrepreneurial opportunities and turn your ideas into a real-life business.
We will help you acquire the entrepreneurial mindset, skillset and toolset that can be applied to startups as well as any business environment.
Through self-assessments, you will identify your core strengths and learn how to capitalize on them in building entrepreneurial success. Participating in mindshift activities and experiential learning exercises will help you practice developing your entrepreneurial mindset and skillset.
You will also gain industry insights from practicing entrepreneurs and review case studies from some of the most successful and innovative companies.
Topics include activating entrepreneurial mindset, recognizing and creating new opportunities, using design thinking, generating and testing new ideas, creating a winning pitch, learning from failure, and developing grit.
Over two weeks, you will:
- Identify key competencies for entrepreneurial success and assess your personal entrepreneurial capacity
- Acquire strategies for generating new ideas from which opportunities are born and principles and techniques to pursue your own entrepreneurial opportunities
- Develop a mindset that will enable you to build a toolkit to create and evaluate entrepreneurial opportunities
- Learn to conduct feasibility analysis to evaluate opportunities and determine whether your business idea is viable
- Understand the significance of grit and its role in building tolerance for failure; identify different ways entrepreneurs can learn from failure
- Learn how entrepreneurial thinking can be applied to any business environment and build your pitch deck in order to pitch your business idea to investors
There is an optional additional research assignment/ essay to be completed after the course. This lets you delve more deeply into a related topic of interest to you. Feedback is provided by the instructor.
Take the Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset course + 2 more eligible courses and earn the Essentials Workplace Skills digital badge, the Psychology for the Global Workplace digital badge, or both!
Earn 20 hours for the class + 20 hours for the optional additional research assignment.
Registration deadline: TBD
Research Assignment due: TBD
Course price: $225*
Research Assignment** price: $165*
Submit our Class Interest Form to be notified when registration is available!
* Prices subject to change
** You must register for the 2-week intensive course in order to register for the optional research assignment. You cannot register for the research assignment only. The research assignment may be taken by anyone. It gives au pairs taking this course for education credits an additional 20 hours.
*** Although this is the final date for registration, the course may be cancelled the Wednesday before the class begins based on enrollment. Please register as early as possible to avoid class cancellation.
- 20-40 hours
- 2-week online course 20 hours
- Optional Research Assignment available for additional 20 hours
- Flexible study options
- Professional faculty
- Academic advisement
- Certificate available by request
- No registration or test fee
- Full use of University facilities
All registration and payment for courses is done online.
The number of hours stated on the certificate is based on the average number of hours needed to complete the requirements of the assignment. Research assignments are due by the published deadline in the above course information and also as communicated in pre-arrival information sent by our Admissions team. Students may request an extension of up to 3 days by writing the Admissions team before the research assignment due date in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for extensions after the research assignment due date will not be honored. Research assignments received after the due date or approved extended due date will not be accepted and the research assignment hours will be forfeited.
Students who registered and attended a weekend intensive course may add-on one (1) 20-hour research assignment for specific course and topic they attended no later than the Friday after the course completed. Requests to add on a 20-hour research paper after the Friday deadline will not be approved.
Please review all important policies related to our courses, including:
- Course Completion
- Certificate of Attendance
- Payment and Tuition Cancellation
Au pairs, please review all important policies related to au pair courses.
Please review essential pre-arrival information before starting your class, including:
- Campus location
For more information, please contact the English Language Institute/ Special Programs division.