Choosing the option that is right for you
Students applying for freshman admission are offered the choice of applying Early Decision, Early Action, or Regular Decision. Below you can learn about the differences between Early Decision and Early Action admission to Pace, and which one will work best for you.
Application deadline November 1
- Applying under the Early Decision plan is ideal for students for whom Pace University is their first choice school and who do not need to compare financial aid packages among other schools. Early Decision students can apply to only one school as an Early Decision Applicant, but can apply to other schools as a regular decision student.
- Early Decision is binding – if you apply under this plan, are accepted to Pace, and agree to the financial aid package, you are required to attend and you must withdraw all applications to other schools. Part of the application process is submission of an Early Decision Agreement form (PDF), which provides all of the details about Early Decision and is signed by you, your parent(s) or guardian(s), and your high school guidance counselor.
- With the exception of the BFA in Commercial Dance, School of Performing Arts Students cannot apply using Early Decision due to timing of auditions.
- If you are not accepted to Pace under Early Decision, your application will be reviewed, without any bias, as part of our Regular Decision process, and you will be released from the binding Early Decision Agreement.
Application deadline for Early Action 1 is November 15 and Early Action 2 is December 1
- Applying under the Early Action plan is ideal for students for whom Pace University is one of their top choice schools and who also want an admission decision earlier than the Regular Decision process. Early Action is not binding, so students can apply to other schools and compare financial aid packages.
- Applying Early Action allows you to receive an admission decision earlier than Regular Decision students and have the option to consider multiple college offers.
- If you are not accepted to Pace under Early Action, your application will be reviewed, without any bias, as part of our Regular Decision process.
Admission Decision Notification: Applicants will be notified on a rolling basis after the application deadline.
Please note: Your application for admission also serves as your application for a Pace Merit Scholarship Award.