You're In! Now what?
Let's get started on your transition to college life!
New Student Orientation is an important first step towards your successful transition to life at Pace.
This year, out of an abundance of caution and the University’s desire to maintain a safe and healthy environment in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Orientation will be held virtually with additional portions that will require online completion before your registered Orientation date.
All new commuter and residential students are required to attend the Orientation program, which will give you the tools to succeed during your first year at Pace and the opportunity to learn more about the place you will call home for the next four years.
The New Student Orientation program includes:
- Pre-Orientation Online Modules
You’ll learn about various resources, campus expectations, and our dynamic Pace Community.
*Pre-Orientation modules are available now and must be completed before your registered Orientation date.
- Live Orientation Sessions
You’ll have an opportunity to meet (albeit virtually) with academic advisors, participate in small and large group sessions with current and new students, and learn more about the University.
New Student Live Orientation Dates
- Wednesday, July 1, 10:00 a.m. ET
- Wednesday, July 8, 12:00 p.m. Noon ET
- Wednesday, July 15*†, 10:00 a.m. ET
- Wednesday, July 22*†, 12:00 p.m. Noon ET
- Wednesday, August 12, 10:00 a.m. ET
* Open to all students; recommended for students admitted into the College of Health Professions.
† Open to all students; recommended for students admitted into the Pforzheimer Honors College.
If you have any questions pertaining to billing and payments, you may register online for a virtual appointment time slot with the Office of Student Assistance. The link to register for an appointment can be found in your reminder or confirmation email.
If you have any questions pertaining to your financial aid package, you may register online for a virtual appointment time slot with the Financial aid Office. The link to register for an appointment can be found in your reminder or confirmation email.
- Register for Orientation within 10 days of receiving your Orientation email.
- Take your Placement Tests within 10 days of receiving your Orientation email.
- Complete the Pre-Orientation Modules, which will be available by late June
- Submit an appointment request to speak with a Financial Aid Counselor during Orientation, if interested (for Domestic Students only).
- Submit your photo for your Pace University Student ID card.
- Access your Pace email account and check it regularly.
In addition to your Orientation checklist, there are some other things you’ll need to do this summer to make sure you’re ready for a great start this fall. To keep track of your progress, we’ve created a checklist for you in your Status Portal. Be sure to check it often as additional items may be added throughout the summer.
What You Need To Know To Register
When you register for Orientation you will be asked to complete a Course Selection Questionnaire. You will need the following information, where appropriate:
- Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and SAT II Language scores as well as any college credits you have received.
- Carefully review the Learning Community Supplement that you will see when you log in to register for your Orientation date. Then please select and enter, in your preferred order, the learning community choices you would like your advisor to take into account when making your fall schedule.
Your academic advisor will review this information, along with your placement test scores, when creating your schedule. You will receive your schedule at Orientation. *Please note your preliminary Transfer Credit Evaluation will not be created until official documentation is submitted. You can learn more about how to submit your documents on our AP, IB and College Credits page.
Mandatory F-1 Visa Status Maintenance Information Session for New International Students
Regardless of which Orientation session you attend, all undergraduate international students on an F-1 visa who are first-time students at Pace must also attend a mandatory F-1 Visa Status Maintenance Information Session for new international students.
This information session will focus on immigration regulations pertaining to international students on an F-1 visa, visa applicable benefits, restrictions, and will include a mandatory check-in procedure for activating an F-1 student's SEVIS record. Learn more about preparing to enter the US on an F-1 visa.
The Parent and Family Program
Parents and Family Members: We will be offering on-line modules and live sessions for you as well! These will help guide you through the transition to college. When your student registers for Orientation, they will be asked to provide your email address so that we can be in direct contact with you regarding these resources and opportunities. Be sure to check out all that we have planned for you and register for the Live Parent and Family Orientation session now!
- Questions regarding the Orientation program? Contact the Center for Student Development and Campus Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions regarding placement testing? Contact the Center for Academic Excellence at email@example.com.
- Questions regarding official documents for Undergraduate Admission? Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at (914) 773-3746 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.