An F-1 student visa allows foreign nationals to come to the US as a full-time academic or language student enrolled in a program leading to a degree or certificate. Note that other non-immigrant visa holders can study in the U.S. school under their current non-immigrant visa type as long as it does not interfere with their status.
If you are an F-1 visa seeker, you need to submit appropriate evidence of your ability to finance your education (see next steps below). A certificate of Eligibility for an F-1 student visa (Form I-20) will be issued to all eligible International applicants, F-1 visa seekers, once the Office of International Admission receives the required financial documentation.
If your studies are being financed by means of your own savings, parental/family support, outside private or government scholarships, or any combination of these, you must arrange to send official letters or similar certificates as proof of such support.
- Complete the Financial Affidavit for International Students (PDF) or Financial Affidavit for Internation Students in the PPA program (PDF).
- Obtain official Bank Documentation indicating in U.S. Dollars sufficient funds available for one year of study.
- If you have not done so already, please send a copy of your current, valid passport/national identity. A photocopy or fax is acceptable.
- If you are currently in the U.S. in F-1 status, you have to complete the F-1 transfer-in-process, in addition to the above requirements to qualify for the form I-20 for transfer. Please notify your advisor at the ISSS office at your current school of your decision to transfer to Pace and ask them to complete the Transfer Recommendation Form for the campus you are enrolling in and release your SEVIS record to Pace.
- For students attending the New York City campus - Transfer Recommendation Form (PDF)
- For students attending the Westchester campus - Transfer Recommendation Form (PDF)
If you are in the US in B-1/B-2, you may need to change your status to F-1 before you can begin your program. If you need assistance in reviewing your current legal status in the U.S. and whether you can study, please contact the Office of International Admission at (212) 346-1368 to schedule an appointment.
- Return the original Financial Affidavit, official/hard copy bank documents, and the Transfer Recommendation Form (if necessary) to the Office of International Admission on the campus to which you have been accepted; addresses are listed below. Upon receipt of all necessary financial documentation, the Office of International Admission will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility for a student visa (Form I-20) and send it to the mailing address you provided on your application.
OFFICE OF ADMISSION
New York City Campus
Office of International Admission
One Pace Plaza
New York, NY 10038
Phone: (212) 346-1323
Office of International Admission
861 Bedford Road
Pleasantville, NY 10570
Phone: (914) 773-3746
- Please also complete the items in the checklist on the Accepted Student home page, including tuition and housing deposits, immunization, etc.
- View important information on your immigration status (PDF), obtaining your visa, and your arrival to the US.
Join us for Virtual Information Sessions and Campus Tours, which are offered Monday through Saturday, schedule your virtual visit today!
- Schedule a Virtual Tour of our New York City Campus
- Schedule a Virtual Tour of our Westchester Campus
If you have been admitted to the Global Pathways Program, please follow the steps outlined on the Global Pathways Program web page.