Pace International student in front of a row of world flags

Lost Or Stolen Documents

You are strongly encouraged to make copies of all immigration documents and keep them in a separate, safe location.

If any of your immigration documents are lost or stolen, contact the International Students & Scholars office immediately.

Did you lose...

An I-20 and are leaving the U.S. for international travel?

  • A new one can be issued by the ISS. Please plan accordingly and request a new I-20 at least three days prior to travel.
  • A new I-94 (PDF) will be issued to you automatically upon re-entry to the U.S. You should make sure to print out your I-94 record upon your arrival.

A Passport?

  • Contact the embassy of the country which issued your passport.

An Employment Authorization Document (EAD)?

If you lost your EAD card or it was stolen, you will need to re-apply through USCIS. Processing times to replace a lost or stolen EAD card are long. The following documents are required:

  • $410 check or money order payable to the “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”
  • Two identical passport-style photos
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
  • Form G-1145
  • Copy of I-20 issued for OPT and all previously issued I-20s
  • Passport copy (bio-page)
  • Passport copy (visa page)
  • I-94 arrival record
  • I-797A OPT Approval Notice
  • Copy of lost or stolen EAD card (if available)
  • A letter explaining the circumstances