Pace International student in front of a row of world flags

Automatic Visa Revalidation

If you want to visit Canada, Mexico, or any of the adjacent islands (check the list of countries) for less than 30 days and are not a citizen of the country you intend to visit, you may travel there with an expired visa, but you must have the I-94 arrival record showing your valid status in the U.S.

Along with the I-94, you should have the following documents

  • Valid passport (valid for at least 6 months into the future).
  • Valid I-20 or DS-2019 form., endorsed with a travel signature
  • I-94 arrival record* (do not surrender it when you leave the U.S.) as evidence of legal status
  • Entry tourist visa to the country to be visited, if needed.

You may need to obtain a tourist visa to enter the above-listed countries depending on your nationality. Information concerning tourist visas (and which nationalities are required to obtain visas) can be obtained by visiting the consulate general website of the country you wish to visit. All required information will be explained. If a tourist visa is required, go in person to the consulate to make the application. Be sure to give yourself sufficient time before your trip to obtain the visa. Travel to a third country is not permitted with automatic revalidation.