Pace International student in front of a row of world flags

Prospective International Conferences Participants

Pace University welcomes international conferences participants from around the world!

The appropriate visa for academic conferences international participants is the B-1 visa. When you travel under the B1 or Visa Waiver Program, your visit in the United States must be for 90 days or less and is limited to the activities of business or tourism. The B1 Business visa is used by persons whose purpose of travel is to participate in an educational or professional conference or seminar on specific dates at a specific academic in the USA.

Whether you are applying for the B-1/B-2 visa or traveling here as a citizen of a Visa Waiver country, you will need a letter of invitation to attend the University-sponsored professional conference. Pace University supports participants with an official letter of invitation, which validates the purpose of your travel to the United States.

Please read the complete information about the B1 nonimmigrant visa on the U.S. Department of State website.