Our Political Science graduates have gone on to have successful careers in fields including:
- Federal, state, and local governments
- Advanced education in government and public administration
- Political campaigns
- Public and private interest groups
- Foundations and intellectual or benevolent institutions
- Careers in business, especially with corporations that do business internationally
- Law enforcement agencies and other criminal justice organizations
- Military service
- Law school
- Public service, nonprofit administration and work with Nongovernmental Organizations (NGO’s).
The Political Science Department prides itself on connecting the analytical rigors of the classroom with civic engagement outside of the classroom. Each semester we offer students dozens of internship opportunities on the local, state, national and international level. Many of these internships have lead to careers in politics for Pace graduates.
Our department is supported by Pace University’s well-connected Career Services team. With over 10,000 job and internship connections, Career Services will help you find your place at regional and national organizations over numerous industries—including business, government, entertainment, healthcare, and technology.
Political science majors have a diverse array of internship opportunities, including:
- nongovernmental organizations
- law firms
- criminal justice organizations
- political campaigns
- organizations working in high schools
- political interest groups