Students that wish to enroll in the ELI as a full-time F1 student visa holder must submit a formal application to the ELI. This application process is to receive the Form I-20 which is necessary for the F1 visa. If you do not know whether you should apply as an F1 Student or use another visa such as a Tourist or Work visa please visit our Visa Information page.
All documents submitted in support of an application for admission are the property of Pace University and will not be returned. Incomplete applications will be held for 3-months. After 3-months the incomplete application and all materials will be discarded.
To receive a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 Form), you must submit the following:
- Completed student application form and $155 non-refundable Registration Fee for F-1 Students
- Completed Placement Exam (instructions sent with Application receipt)
- Attend online Academic Advisement to determine English level and select courses
If accepted to the ELI at Pace University, submit your I-20 application documents:
- A photocopy of passport
- Affidavit of Support form (PDF) signed by you or your financial sponsor.
- Bank letter showing proof of financial support, preferably in English with USD conversion. See an example of a bank letter (DOC).
- For transfer students only: If you are currently a student at another language school, you may transfer to Pace's English Language Institute by getting permission to transfer from your previous school, following (1)-(6) and submitting a completed SEVIS Status Verification Form (PDF). You must also submit a copy of your current I-20, I-94, F-1 Visa, and US Address.
**Bank letter must be dated within 3 months from your application date and show a minimum of $8,000 USD for the Intensive English Program or a minimum of $14,000 USD for Pre-Academic English programs. Bank letters older than 3 months will not be accepted.
Upon determining that you have the minimum English proficiency to participate in the ELI at Pace University programs and receiving your application and financial documents, an I-20 form will be mailed to you to apply for a student (F-1) visa at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. To allow for sufficient time to process and mail your admissions material, we advise you to submit your application, at least, six weeks before you wish to begin your studies.