This course is designed for pre-intermediate and intermediate level students who wish to improve their English in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. The class will focus on field-specific topics and vocabulary while practicing English receptive and productive skills.
- Speak with colleagues about topics within their field of study
- Comprehend Intermediate level texts about topics within their field of study
- Extract main ideas and supporting details from videos using visual cues
- Produce short written works about self and their field of study
- Demonstrate academic readiness in a university classroom environment by coming prepared for class, engaging and cooperating with peers and the instructor, interacting appropriately in the target language, and respecting classroom policies and procedures.