This course includes hands-on experience flying drones and instruction in how to operate them safely, legally, and ethically. Students will use drones to record video and learn basic techniques for editing their footage in Adobe Premiere Pro. This course also includes training in the FAA's regulations for hobbyist and professional drone operators. Students who do well in the course will be prepared to pass the FAA licensing exam for professional drone pilots.
All equipment needed to participate in this program will be provided, including the use of drones!
- Use drones to record video
- Understand best practices for gathering cinematic footage including proper lighting techniques and the use of establishing, birds-eye and tracking shots
- Learn basic techniques for editing footage in Adobe Premiere Pro and have access to the Department of Media, Communications and Visual Arts' computer lab
- Create media artifacts to add to their digital portfolio
- Gain training in the FAA's regulations for hobbyist and professional drone operators
Start Date: Monday, July 19
End Date: Friday, August 6
Time: 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: July 12, 2021
Location: Pleasantville Campus
Early Bird Special! Register by May 15 and receive a $100 tuition discount
Contact email@example.com to get registered!
High school students are encouraged to sign-up for an upcoming webinar to get an in-depth look at our summer programs, meet our faculty, and see the equipment they will use!