As stated in the NYFC Constitution, the duties and membership of the Scholarly Research committee are composed of the following:
- The Committee on Scholarly Research is composed of 15 elected voting members of the NYFC. Two additional alternate seats are reserved for tenure-track and contingent faculty of the NYFC.
- The duties of the Committee on Scholarly Research are:
- To make policy recommendations to the NYFC on all matters pertaining to providing support in the form of released time and/or direct financial support for scholarly research;
- To meet at least once each semester to consider requests by faculty for support for scholarly research.
Allocated: 15 members and 2 alternates
Currently has: 14 members and 2 alternates
Committee chair: Zafir Buraei
Current committee members: (Fall 2021- Spring 2023)
- Daniel Barber (Philosophy and Religious Studies)
- Zafir Buraei (Biology)
- Myo Jung Cho (Accounting)
- Andriy Danylenko (Modern Languages/Cultures)
- Kristen di Gennaro (English)
- Leigh Anne Novak Donovan (Marketing)
- Ronald Frank (History)
- Linda Gottesfeld (Art)
- Kiku Huckle (Political Science)
- Mary Kaltenberg (Economics)
- Soyoung Kim (Marketing)
- Ibraiz Tarique (Management)
- Rebecca Tekula (Public Administration)
- P.V. Viswanath (Finance)
1st alternate: Meng Xu (Mathematics)
2nd alternate: Melvin Williams (Communication Studies)
Scholarly research applications for either release time or research expenses are available on the NYFC's Faculty forms webpage.
- Fall due date: Tuesday, October 12, 2022
- Spring due date: Wednesday, February 23, 2022
- Send completed form via Echosign to your Chair, followed by your Dean, followed by the Chair of the SRC to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should allow time for signatures in their planning. All applications must arrive to the SRC before the deadline.