As described in the NYFC Constitution, duties and membership of the Budget committee consist of the following:
- The Committee on Budget is composed of 6 elected voting members (4 regular members and 2 alternates) of the NYFC and one ex-officio voting member, the chair of the NYFC Executive.
- The primary function of this committee is to formulate faculty recommendations to the University Budget Committee and to report on budgetary matters at the NYFC meetings.
- The Committee members also constitute the 4 voting and 1 alternate NYFC representatives to the University Budget Committee, which is described in the Faculty Handbook. As described in the Faculty Handbook, the NYFC Chairperson is also a voting representative to the University Budget Committee.
- Voting and alternate members to the University Budget Committee are elected to 3-year terms by the NY Faculty Council. The ends of each term of service on the committee are staggered to ensure unbroken representation.
Allocated: 4 elected members, 1 ex-officio member and 2 elected alternates
Currently has: 4 members, 1 ex-officio member and 2 alternates
Committee co-chairs: Sonia Suchday and Jessica Magaldi
Committee members: (committee members are assigned staggered 3-year terms)
- Vincent Barrella (Legal Studies and Taxation), September 2021 - August 2024
- Iuliana Ismailescu (Finance), September 2021 - August 2024
- Jessica Magaldi (Legal Studies and Taxation), September 2020 - August 2022
- Sonia Suchday (Psychology), September 2021 - August 2024
Ex-officio member: NYFC chair
- Ed Miller (Philosophy and Religious Studies)
- Burcin Col (Lubin)
- Mary Kaltenberg (Economics)