As described in the NYFC Constitution, duties and membership of the faculty affairs committee consist of the following:
- The Committee on Faculty Affairs is composed of up to 13 elected voting members of the NYFC.
- This Committee shall have primary committee responsibility for all matters related to working conditions, and work rules. The committee's duties shall include, but not be limited to, the formulation of and review of policy regarding teaching loads, hiring, promotion and tenure and will have responsibility to report its recommendations to the Council on all revisions to the Faculty Handbook.
- The chair of the Fringe Benefits committee is an ex-officio member of this committee and will report to this committee. The duties of this committee are outlined in Section 7 below.
- The chair of the Handbook committee will be an ex-officio member of this committee and will report to this committee. The duties of this subcommittee are outlined in Section 10 below.
- This Committee will make policy on and monitor compliance with academic freedom
- Faculty from the NY campus who are representatives to any committee of the Board of Trustees that deals with budget and planning shall be ex-officio members of this committee.
- The committee shall coordinate its efforts with those of other standing committees.
Allocated: 13 members and 2 alternates
Currently has: 13 members and 2 alternates
Committee chair: Ida Dupont
Committee members: (Fall 2019 - Spring 2021)
- Ana Amaya (Health Science)
- Walter Antognini (Legal Studies &Taxation)
- Susan Berardini (Modern Languages/Cultures)
- Zafir Buraei (Biology)
- Kimberly Collica-Cox (Criminal Justice and Society)
- Ida Dupont (Sociology and Anthropology)
- Lisa Farber (Art)
- Ronald Frank (History)
- Tiffany Henley (Public Administration)
- Eve Laramee (Art)
- William Offfutt (History)
- Sonia Suchday (Psychology)
- Martin Topol (Marketing)
1st Alternate: Brenna Hassinger-Das (Psychology)
2nd Alternate: Mingming Zhou (Lubin)