The Adjunct Promotion Application is now open for submissions!
How to Apply
Please follow the instructions below to submit your Adjunct Promotion Application.
1. Determine If You Are Eligible to Apply for Promotion
Please refer to the promotion criteria guideline (PDF) to determine your eligibility.
Please note that any eligible adjunct faculty applying for a promotion must have served in their present rank for a minimum of three years at Pace University. These guidelines do not apply for the adjunct faculty at the Elisabeth Haub School of Law.
2. Indicate your current faculty rank and the rank for promotional consideration using the grid below:
Current Rank | Promotion Rank*
Adjunct Lecturer/Instructor | Adjunct Assistant Professor
Adjunct Assistant Professor | Adjunct Associate Professor
Adjunct Associate Professor | Adjunct Professor
*Please note that you can only apply for promotion to the next adjunct faculty rank.
3. Complete the Online Application Form and Include the Following Materials
- Letter of Intent;
- Current resume and/or curriculum vitae;
- Minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty members in the candidate’s Department, at least one of which is from a full-time faculty member other than the Department Chair; and
- A teaching portfolio that contains teaching philosophy and pedagogy, appropriate use of technology, assessment of learning outcomes, and evidence of student learning (e.g., student evaluations tallies, comments, and peer evaluations)
Please Note: The Department Chair’s recommendation* will be added after the submission of the application form - please refer to the application routing workflow below:
- Adjunct completes the required application in NextGen.
- The completed application is then routed to the Department Chair for recommendation* and review.
- The Associate Dean reviews the application and then forwards it to the Shared Services Team.
- The Shared Services Team confirms the requirements for promotion are met.
- Compensation vets rank and rate.
- School Dean approves adjunct promotion in conjunction with the School Budget Rep.
- Final approval is awarded by the Provost Office.
4. Submit the completed application by March 15, 2024 by 5:00 p.m.
Please note that this deadlines has been extended.
Applications submitted after this time will be deferred to the next academic year.
Please continue to monitor the status of your application. In some instances, applications are returned requiring additional information and/or comments to be addressed. If you have any questions or concerns about the status of your application, please contact AssociateProvost@pace.edu
Next Steps: All applicants will receive written notification of their promotion status by May 1, 2024. All approved adjunct promotions (with the respective per credit increase) will be effective as of September 1, 2024.
If you have any questions, please email AssociateProvost@pace.edu