Two-day weekend courses and two-week self-paced online courses that have been specially created to give you additional skills and knowledge helpful to start your career or take your career to the next level.
A variety of useful topics are available.
Courses are designed for local future and early-career professionals, international students and au pairs.
Each course is 20 hours. There is an optional additional research assignment (for an additional 20 hours) if you wish to delve deeper into a topic.
Courses are fully online and self-paced
The courses will take approximately 10 hours each week to complete. During most of the course, students will participate in activities that can be done individually and on the student's own schedule. Students may also participate in activities that take place at the same time with other students and instructor through live class sessions.
Optional live class sessions with the instructor are also available. These are not mandatory, but are meant to enhance the learning experience. The times for these sessions are arranged by the instructor on the first day of the course.
Professional Writing Skills
Learn how writing is implemented in the work place and refine your writing skills in a professional way to help you present yourself as professional and collaborative to potential employers.
November 8–21, 2021
All Career Skills Development Series courses are eligible for one or more digital badges. Representing your skills as a badge allows you to share your abilities online in a way that is simple, trusted and can be easily verified in real time. Badges provide employers and peers proof of what you had to do to earn your credential and what you’re now capable of. Each badge earned is a chance to digitally share and celebrate an accomplishment with your network.
Submit our Class Interest Form** to be notified when registration for these classes is available.
*Price, dates and class formats are subject to change without notice.
**Course subject may change without notice.
Below are previous Career Skills Development courses. These courses may be available in future sessions. Submit our Class Interest Form to be notified when registration for these classes is available.
- Introduction to Tourism
- Cross-Cultural Communication in the Workplace
- Excellence in Education
- Consumer Behavior and Marketing
- Teamwork and Team Building
- Professional Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Customer Service: Communicating Effectively with Customers
- Psychology for Business
- Leadership Workshop: Unlock your Inner Leader
- New Approaches to Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Learning How to Learn: Psychology of Learning
- Multicultural Psychology
- Time Management Essentials: How to Manage your Time Effectively
- Gain skills and knowledge that will help you in your career
- 20-40 hours
- Earn a digital badge for completing a series of 3 or more courses
- Flexible study options
- Professional faculty
- Academic advisement
- Certificate available by request
- No registration or test fee
- Full use of University facilities (in-person classes)
For more information, please contact the English Language Institute