Document Services will offer professional guidance in the creative process, design, and production. We will help you customize your design piece to meet the needs of your audience, and the message you would like to convey. We will work with inventory and finishing options that fit your budget and coordinate a production plan to meet your deadline. Document services will ensure that the official Pace colors are utilized appropriately in your design. Pace Blue (PANTONE® 288) and Pace Gold (PANTONE 123, PANTONE 115 for uncoated stock).
Following Pace University’s visual identity, Document services will apply the latest Pace University logo to all Pace University print materials. Logos will not be used on materials that are not associated with Pace University. The standard Pace University logo will be used on Pace materials unless otherwise directed.
Document Services will ensure that all images on your printed material meet the highest print resolution available. When incorporating you images to a file please use images that you have acquired copyright clearance, or have produced yourself. High resolution images, at least 1 megabyte in size, will reduce pixilation when printed.
Guide for sending an electronic file
- File format: PDF files are recommended (see link below for Free PDF creation software).
- File size: The maximum acceptable combined file size for all uploads is 30MB (megabytes). Larger files can be sent/shared through Pace University's file management system Web File Storage using Pace Portal credentials.
- Resolution: All file formats must have a minimum of 350 dpi (dot per inch) resolution.
- The images designed for the web are done at a low screen resolution of 72 dpi. Print images need to be created at 350 dpi or there will be a substantial drop in the image quality.
- Bleed: Bleed is the portion of the product that will be trimmed off when it is cut to the final size.
- The purpose of a bleed is to continue a color, image, or design to the edge of the product. Due to the possibility of shifting in the trimming process, a bleed is required to ensure that a white line does not show on the edges of your product.
- Please build your print-ready digital files by adding the appropriate bleed to your file.
- Add at least 0.25" (1/4") bleed to each dimension.
- Crop marks: Please build your press-ready digital files by adding crop marks.
- Lines indicating where the paper should be cut to produce the correct size.
Free PDF creation software
CutePDF Writer (Freeware)Convert to professional quality PDF files from almost any printable document. FREE for personal, commercial, gov or edu use! No watermarks! No popup Web ads! Now supports 64-bit Windows.