Students walking in One Pace Plaza.

Damaged or Stale Dated Checks

If your paycheck becomes damaged or is too old to cash, (older than 180 days), the Payroll Office will replace it. You will need to complete a Stop Payment form (PDF) and send it to in order to generate a reissued payment. Your reissued payment can be made via direct deposit if your account information has gone through the pre-note process for verification. Once your Stop Payment form has been received, the Payroll Office will reissue your payment within 3-5 business days.

Please note that checks over two years old cannot be replaced immediately. If a check remains uncashed after two years, it becomes unclaimed property which is then turned over to New York State. Please email if you have an uncashed check that is older than two years.