The focus of the department is
- Advise division and department heads on matters of Enterprise Risk identification, assessment, and mitigation.
- Identify and assess risks inherent in the University’s current and contemplated operations and activities, and help develop operating procedures that will minimize the University’s vulnerability to obstacles to achieving University, School and Department goals.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive program of property and casualty insurance that adequately protects the University from the financial consequences of loss and that also facilitates and enhances the University’s ability to engage in activities consistent with its Mission and Goals.
- Help ensure that the University is prepared to respond quickly and appropriately to any major emergency and continue its mission critical operations.
- Help develop contract policies and procedures consistent with good business practice that at the same time facilitate operating departments’ ability to conduct business efficiently.
- Development and implementation of consistent and effective compliance practices across all University divisions
- Serve as the primary advisor to division and department heads on all compliance matters
- Manage ongoing communication, coordination and evaluation of compliance activities
- Act as a resource and advisor to all division and department heads on matters regarding risk or compliance
- Review of indemnification and insurance provisions of contracts.
- Provision of certificates of insurance required from the University.
- Risk assessment of divisions’ and departments’ new or changing activities.
Review our Risk Policies for additional information.
Contact Risk Management
Richard L. Myers, ARM
Executive Director, Risk and Compliance
Address: 100 Summit Lake Drive, 3rd Floor, Valhalla, NY 10595