2021 Pace University and Mindshare Hackathon
GroupM is the world's leading media investment company. Mindshare is one of the largest subsidiary agencies of GroupM, having won many global achievement awards. Our network consists of 116 offices in 86 countries throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific, each dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands.
This year, Mindshare is organizing a Virtual Hackathon to give students an invaluable opportunity to pitch a data driven media strategy that will not only challenge creativity and problem-solving skills, but also help you prepare for a career in today's rapidly changing business environment. We've designed this competition to be an innovative and enriching learning experience. We encourage you to take full advantage of this opportunity to dive in, connect and learn.
Participants are not only offered great business experience, but also the chance to network with prominent leaders in the industry who will be both judging and attending the event. Standout participants and winners will be given the opportunity to interview for a role on Mindshare's Advanced Analytics Team.
Mindshare's Advanced Analytics Team uses data alongside best in class analytics technology, measurement, and learning frameworks to identify the answers to the following questions in the most efficient and effective ways:
- What is the key business objective that the business is looking to achieve (increase in sales volume/ profit, brand awareness, attitudinal shift, etc.)?
- What causes a consumer to take one action over another? And what are the drivers of these actions and overall journeys?
- How does media and marketing play into this journey? How do consumers respond to media?
About the Hackathon
The competition is open to graduate students who fulfill the below requirements. Selected students will be put in teams for a 24-hours Virtual Hackathon to compete against the 5 participating Universities. The case materials are provided by Mindshare. Students will have mentors from Mindshare to answer the questions and help work on the case.
Monday, December 13, 10:00 a.m.–Tuesday, December 14, 12:00 p.m.
All communication is virtual. Teams are judged based on specific criteria outlined in the case as well as the team's ability to answer questions and support their overall business strategy.
Who can participate
- Business majors with an emphasis on marketing and analytics;
- Strong academic performance and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, statistical methods, regression analysis, data analysis;
- Tech skills: R/Python/SQL/Tableau.
How to Apply
Please fill out this quick application before November 15.
After that Mindshare will create the teams (5-7 people) based on the required skillset and will contact the selected students directly.
We are happy to create such an opportunity for the students and are looking forward to seeing you at Mindshare Hackathon!