Marketing Concentration Courses
Inculcating Marketing Comprehension
Doctoral candidates who concentrate in marketing complete the two doctoral concentration seminars in marketing and three advanced electives in marketing.
Doctoral Concentration Seminar in Consumer Research
Develops a rigorous foundation in the major theoretical and empirical contributions and methodological approaches to consumer behavior. Explores topics like attitude formation, categorization, inference making, consumer knowledge and memory, decision-making and choice, post-purchase processes, and contextual factors that affect consumer behavior. Evaluates methodological approaches and analytical techniques commonly used in consumer research. Emphasizes critical evaluation and creative extension published research. Provides partial preparation for doctoral comprehensive examination in marketing.
Doctoral Concentration Seminar in Marketing Management
Develops a rigorous foundation in the major conceptual and empirical contributions to marketing management. Examines theories, concepts, and techniques used in marketing management. Explores traditional topics like pricing, communications, and distribution as well as contemporary topics like eCommerce, social media, and social responsibility. Emphasizes critical evaluation and creative extension published research in marketing management. Provides partial preparation for doctoral comprehensive examination in marketing.
In addition to the doctoral concentration seminar in marketing, each candidate concentrating in marketing completes three advanced graduate courses, selected in consultation with a faculty advisor. Most doctoral candidates select three of the courses in the following list because they emphasize theoretical structures and issues.
- Consumer and Organization Buying Behavior (MAR 620)
- Market Measurement and Forecasting (MAR 630)
- Business Research and Survey Methods (MAR 635)
- Advertising and Sales Promotion (MAR 645)
- Advertising Campaign and Media Strategy (MAR 647)
- New Product Planning and Development (MAR 660)
- International Marketing (MAR 681)
Other Possible Marketing Electives Available
- eMarketing (MAR 649)
- Advanced Case Studies in Marketing Management (MAR 653)
- Marketing of Services (MAR 654)
- Marketing of Financial Services (MAR 655)
- Entrepreneurial Marketing (MAR 658)
- Sales Management (MAR 640)
- Business to Business Marketing (MAR 641)
- Interactive and Direct Marketing (MAR 643)
- Customer Relationship Management (MAR 644)
- Strategic Marketing Planning (MAR 675)
- Seminar in Marketing (MAR 680)