The Senior Adjunct Professor Designation Application is now open for submissions!
How to Apply
Please follow the instructions below to submit your Senior Adjunct Professor Designation Application.
Step 1 – Determine your Eligibility
Determine if your are eligible to apply for this designation. Please refer to the Union of Adjunct Faculty at Pace Collective Bargaining Agreement to determine your eligibility or refer to the guidance below:
- Eligibility Criteria 25+ Years - To be eligible for Senior Adjunct Professor 25+ Years status, the adjunct faculty member must:
- Have twenty-five (25) or more years of service as an adjunct faculty member as of the academic year prior to the year in which the payment is sought.
- Submit at least two (2) peer recommendations from faculty members in their department, at least one (1) of which must be from a full-time faculty member; and
- Receive the recommendation of the Department Chairperson and the approval of the Dean. The Department Chairperson’s recommendation shall be made based on contributions the adjunct faculty member has made to the Department.
- Eligibility Criteria 35+ Years - to be eligible for Senior Adjunct Professor 35+ Years status, the adjunct faculty member must:
- Have attained Senior Adjunct Professor status (25 + years) as described above.
- Have thirty-five (35) or more years of service as an adjunct faculty member as of the academic year prior to the year in which the payment is sought.
- Receive the recommendation of the Department Chairperson. The Department Chairperson’s recommendation shall be made based on contributions the adjunct faculty member has made to the Department; and
- Have received a rating above 3.0 in each of the three (3) academic years preceding the year in which the payment is sought.
Step 2 – Complete the Online Application Form
Please Note: The Department Chair’s recommendation* will be added after the submission of the application form - please refer to the application routing workflow below:
- Adjunct completes the required application in NextGen.
- The completed application is then routed to the Department Chair for recommendation* and review.
- The Associate Dean reviews the application and then forwards it to the Shared Services Team.
- The Shared Services Team confirms the requirements for promotion are met.
- Compensation vets rank and rate.
- School Dean approves adjunct promotion in conjunction with the School Budget Rep.
- Final approval is awarded by the Provost Office.
Step 3 - Submit the Completed Application by April 1, 2024 by 5:00 p.m.
Applications submitted after this time will be deferred to the next academic year.
Please continue to monitor the status of your application. In some instances, applications are returned requiring additional information and/or comments to be addressed. If you have any questions or concerns about its status, please contact AssociateProvost@pace.edu
Next Steps: All applications will receive written notification for their application status by May 1, 2024. All approved designations (with the respective per credit increase) will be effective as of September 1, 2024.
If you have any questions, please email AssociateProvost@pace.edu