Teaching Excellence Award for Part-Time Faculty
Pace recognizes the valuable contributions of its part-time faculty to the teaching mission of the university. Every year, it selects two part-time faculty members (one from New York City and one from Westchester), whose teaching performance is outstanding, to receive the Teaching Excellence Award for Part-Time Faculty.
Part-time faculty members who have taught at Pace for at least 8 semesters and meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Evidence of outstanding student learning outcomes;
- Unusual effectiveness in classroom performance;
- Evidence of student satisfaction via student evaluation scores.
Nominations are submitted by a full-time faculty member at Pace University, and should include:
- A one or two page supporting statement indicating how the nominee meets the criteria should accompany the nomination, along with a signed endorsement from the part-time faculty member’s chairperson and the school/college Dean.
- A summary of student evaluation results for the previous 8 semesters must be included.
- At least one peer evaluation by a full-time department faculty member is strongly encouraged.
Nominations may be submitted via email to the Office of the Provost, at email@example.com, with a copy to the appropriate Dean. They may also be mailed to the Office of the Provost in a sealed envelope/marked “Teaching Excellence Award for Part-Time Faculty Nominee” with a copy also sent to the Dean.
Please submit nominations by 5:00 p.m. on February 28, 2020.