Listed below are some of the items we recommend bringing with you when you move into your residence hall room this fall. Make sure you consult with your new roommate before purchasing or bringing large items like a television or MicroFridge. For other ideas check out Bed Bath & Beyond or Target.
Click here for a printable Packing List (PDF).
Absolutely Have to Have!
- Plates, cups, and utensils (plasticware works best)
- Bed Linens (Twin XL size)
- Clothing for cool, fall weather
- Laundry bag and/or basket
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- Alarm clock
- Study aids (notebooks, hi-liters, etc.)
- Prescription medication (in original bottle with label)
- Cleaning supplies
- Toilet paper
- No more than one (1) refrigerator unit per double room or two (2) per triple. This unit can be a Micro fridge (Refrigerator/Microwave combo), which must be no larger than 4.0 cubic feet, or a mini fridge which must be 3.2 cubic feet or smaller. If a room is tripled there can be one MicroFridge and mini fridge (using the same cubic feet). If you would like to rent a MicroFridge, you may do so from the Company for Pleasantville resident students, please contact Refrigerator Leasing Company for New York City residents student please contact rent a micro-fridges from the off campus vendor Door-to-Dorm from Collegiate Storage and Rental.
- Personal Computer w/ Ethernet Card installed
- Ethernet cable to connect computer to Pace Network.
- Cable ready TV
- Coaxial cable to connect TV to Cable jack
- Personal items to decorate room (nothing requiring nails or tacks)
- Desk or floor lamp (non-halogen) with metal shade
- Shower caddy
- Shower shoes/flip-flops
- Headphones (to use when roommate is studying/sleeping)
- Coffee Maker with Automatic Shut off
What Not to Bring
- Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia: The University adheres to all state and federal regulations in regards to Alcohol and Drug use. Paraphernalia, such as bongs or pipes, are not perceived as decorations and should not be brought to Pace.
- Liquor: Hard liquor of any kind is prohibited in our residence halls regardless of a student's age. Beer is allowed when a student is 21 years of age or older.
- Halogen light bulbs
- Plastic Lamp or Lamp Shades: Any multi-headed lamp and/or plastic shades is prohibited from the Residence Halls and is a fire hazard.
- Weapons: Prohibited items include any type of gun (including BB, pellet, and paint guns), large hunting knives and swords, and other weapons.
- Waterbeds: Waterbeds are prohibited.
- Pets: Fish are the only pets permitted in the residence halls.
- Hookahs:These are not allowed within the residence halls.
- Candles or Incense: There are to be no open flames within our residence halls because of the potential to cause a fire.
- Street Signs or Large Wooden or Metal Signs: Street signs or business signs are prohibited unless proof of ownership can be shown. Large, (bigger than 2 ft by 2ft) heavy signs are prohibited because they can severely damage the walls.
- Microwave Ovens, Toaster Ovens, or any Indoor Grills (e.g., George Foreman Grills or hotplates): Only microwaves that are a part of the MicroFridge unit are permitted in the residence halls.
- Everything including the kitchen sink: Space is limited in our residence halls and items such as sweaters and other winter clothing can be brought later in the semester.