Special Education, MSEd
New York City
Be An Essential Advocate
The MSEd in Special Education prepares you to empower student success in the fastest-growing area of the education profession. You will gain enhanced knowledge of learning disabilities and differences, as well as the methods and strategies to increase your effectiveness in the classroom. You will develop your skills and expertise in implementing inclusionary practices, and differentiated instruction techniques to help students with special learning needs and abilities become successful and lifelong learners.
Be Ahead of the Class
- Get hired. Our strong partnerships with local school districts mean that our students are getting hired before they even graduate.
- Our coursework integrates key knowledge and dispositions necessary to teach in today’s modern classrooms, using technology to address the specific needs of all learners, including students with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- We are a proud member of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP), an accreditation organization for educator preparation programs that promotes the preparation of effective educators by way of innovative, outcomes-focused programs that engage education’s toughest challenges, directly and in context.
TAKE COURSES LIKE…
Designed for teachers with their certification in early childhood, childhood or adolescent education, the 30-credit master’s program is organized into three interrelated strands that integrate theory, technique, and practice in instruction and assessment.
- ED 670 Trends and Issues in Special Education
- ED 675 Students with Severe Disabilities
- ED 677 Literacy for Children with Special Needs
ADD OPPORTUNITIES AND EXPERIENCES
Become prepared to work with students who have disabilities. Deepen your knowledge about the characteristics of typical and atypical learners. Learn how to effectively use inclusive practices and differentiated instruction to support students with special needs and abilities. The program culminates in a one-semester, full-time practicum in a classroom setting with students with disabilities, and a related teacher-as-researcher course that includes an action research project.
CHOOSE YOUR CAREER
After completing the program, you are eligible for an initial certificate in teaching students with disabilities.
WHERE GRADUATES ARE EMPLOYED
NYC Department of Education, Dutchess, Putnam, Rockland, and Westchester School Districts
of our graduates are employed or continuing their education (Source: Pace University Career Services)
best education schools in the US (Source: College Factual)
special education job placement (Source: Intelligent.com)