Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), MST
New York City
Empower Multicultural Students
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is a growing field with promising career opportunities domestically and internationally. With the TESOL MST program at Pace University, you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary for today’s linguistically and culturally diverse classrooms. Receive a specialized study in multilingual language and literacy development, differentiated instruction, and culturally responsive pedagogy.
Today’s Globalized Classroom
- Because of our commitment to fostering international collaboration and preparing globally minded teachers, we are one of the only education schools in the region to offer faculty-led, international courses that provide our teacher candidates a hands-on learning experience in Italy and Ecuador.
- Get hired. Our strong partnerships with local school districts mean that our students are getting hired before they even graduate.
- Our coursework integrates key knowledge and dispositions necessary to teach in today’s modern classrooms, using technology to address the specific needs of all learners, including students with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse students.
Take Courses Like…
This 30-credit program provides a focused exploration of the theory, research, and methods for teaching English Language Learners (ELLs). Acquire an awareness and understanding of the sociocultural and sociolinguistic issues that impact the acquisition of English as an additional language among students.
- ED 551 Foundations of Bilingual Education
- ED 556B Curriculum, Methods and Assessment II: Teaching Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Students across the Content Areas
- ED 559 Student Teaching and Practica in TESOL
Add Opportunities and Experiences
A one-semester full-time student-teaching experience rounds out the intensive study for TESOL certification. There are also opportunities to study abroad in Ecuador and Italy.
Choose Your Career
Once you successfully complete the program and pass the New York State Teacher Certification Exams, you will be certified to teach English to speakers of other languages in all grade levels from PreK–12.
of our graduates are employed
Highest Paid Education Graduates (Source: College Factual)
Special Education Job Placement (Source: Intelligent.com)