- Attend a Study Abroad Fair at Pace!
- Steps to Study Abroad
- Application Deadlines
- Attend a Study Abroad 101/102 Info Session
- Study Abroad Advising
- Search Programs & Apply
Spring 2020 Fairs: February 4 & 5
- New York City: February 4, 11:00 am-2:00 pm
- Pleasantville: February 5, 12:00-3:00 pm
Fall 2020 Fairs: September 9 & 10
- New York City: September 9, 11:00 am-2:00 pm
- Pleasantville: September 10, 12:00-3:00 pm
- Attend a 30-minute "Study Abroad 101" info session through Pace Education Abroad (to learn about the process).
- Research study abroad programs in the Pace Study Abroad database
- Optional: meet with a "PAL" (Pace students who have studied abroad) at Education Abroad for one-on-one peer advising, if you have questions.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor (to review your academic track, class flexibility, and plans to study abroad in relation to your graduation & major/minor requirements).
- Apply for your chosen study abroad program through Pace (via the blue "Apply Now" button), and wait to be notified by Education Abroad. Pace academic credits for study abroad will only be awarded to students who have applied and been accepted to study abroad by Pace Education Abroad.
- After you submit your Pace study abroad application, attend a "Study Abroad 102" info session (N/A for faculty-led programs) - where you will research classes on the host school's/program's website and practice completing course approval forms ("credit equivalencies").
- If accepted into your study abroad program:
- You will then be required to apply to the foreign host institution directly. Follow the instructions sent to you by the Education Abroad office on next steps.
- Complete your course approval forms ("credit equivalencies"). All courses taken abroad must be approved by the relevant Pace department chair. Pace students must take a minimum of 12 U.S. credits during each semester abroad.
- Apply for a visa (if applicable) and book your flight.
- Attend a mandatory pre-departure orientation at Pace Education Abroad.
Summer 2020 programs: March 15
Fall 2020 Semester Programs: February 15 or March 15
Spring 2020 Faculty-Led Programs: on a space-available basis!
Apply through the relevant program link
While the Application Deadline was November 15, there are still some Spring 2020 faculty-led programs accepting applications on a space-available basis!
Fall 2020 Faculty-Led Programs: April 15
We invite students to apply for Fall 2020 faculty-led programs after the April 15 "Priority Deadline" on a space-available basis — after the initial round of applicants have been enrolled in the course.
Spring 2021 Programs
- September 15: All Exchange Semester Programs and all Partner Semester Programs in Italy, France, Spain, and the UK
- October 15: All remaining Partner Semester Programs
- November 13: All Pace Faculty-Led Programs
Students are required to attend both an Abroad 101 & Abroad 102 session during the semester prior to a term abroad - to understand the process and responsibilities. Each information session is 30 minutes. See below for days/times of these regularly-scheduled sessions. (If you're unable to come at any regularly scheduled sessions, email the Study Abroad Office with your availability to set up your preferred time.)
Abroad 101 sessions explore the basics of going abroad:
- Short-term, semester, and year program options
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Registration and how to apply
Abroad 102 sessions (for students who have already started an application for study abroad) will learn about how to obtain Pace credits for courses taken abroad:
- How to make Course Equivalency Forms for the courses you will take abroad
- Bring a laptop to Abroad 102 so you can practice making a Course Equivalency Form!
Students are required to attend both an Abroad 101 & Abroad 102 session prior to meeting with a Study Abroad Advisor.
Note: Attendance must have been within 6 months prior to study abroad. If your last attendance at either an Abroad 101 or 102 was more than 6 months prior to your program, you will need to re-attend in order to re-familiarize yourself with the process.
NYC campus: Study Abroad Advising & Abroad 101/102 Schedule
- 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. – Walk-in Advising
- 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. – Walk-in Advising
- 3:25 p.m.–3:55 p.m. – Abroad 101
- 3:55 p.m.–4:25 p.m. – Abroad 102
- 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. – Walk-in Advising
- 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. – Walk-in Advising
- 2:30 p.m.–3:00 p.m. – Abroad 101
- 3:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m. – Abroad 102
- 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. – Walk-in Advising
- 12:00 p.m.–12:30 p.m. – Abroad 101
- 12:30 p.m.–1:00 p.m. – Abroad 102
Scheduling an Advising Appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor
After attending an Abroad 101, you will be able to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
On-line appointment scheduling instructions:
- To make an appointment with the applicable staff member, click on the staff member's name.
- NYC students: Select 'Madeline McCarthy'
- PLV students: Select 'Danielle DiLonardo'
- Click the "Request an appointment" button.
- Click the "Click to Request An Appointment" link in the middle.
- To select a time slot, click on the blue time slot. If the time slot is
crossed out, this indicates the slot is taken.
- When you return to the main screen, the selected Appointment Date/Time will be filled in.
- Click the Send tab to complete/book the appointment.
Our office is also staffed by student "Pace Abroad Leaders" who can help to answer your general questions about Pace study abroad programs. All PALs are returned study abroad students who are eager to share their experiences with you! PALs can help you with learning more about program options; deciding on a program; applying; understanding the study abroad process at Pace; and, travel/packing tips. PALs may refer you to our professional advising staff and can help you make an appointment for questions that go into specifics beyond peer advising. Read more about our PALS and where they studied abroad.
Pleasantville Campus PAL Advising
Spring 2020 Advising & Abroad 101/102 Schedule
|9:30am -12:30 pm
11:00am -1:00 pm
|10:00 am-12:00 pm
1:00pm -5:00 pm
3:00 pm-5:00 pm
Check out #pacestudyabroad and #thiscouldbeyourpace to see photos of Pace students abroad!