- Attend the Study Abroad Fairs at Pace!
- Steps to Study Abroad
- Study Abroad 101/102 Info Sessions
- Application Deadlines
- PAL (Pace Abroad Leader) Advising
- New York City Campus PAL Advising
- Pleasantville Campus PAL Advising
- Scheduling an Advising Appointment with an Advisor
Fall 2019 Fairs: September 11 & 12
- New York City: September 11, 10:30 am-1:30 pm
- Pleasantville: September 12, 12:00-3:00 pm
Spring 2020 Fairs: February 4 & 5
- New York City: February 4, 10:30 am-1:30 pm
- Pleasantville: February 5, 12:00-3:00 pm
- Attend a 30-minute "Study Abroad 101" info session through Pace Education Abroad (to learn about the process).
- Research study abroad programs in the Pace Study Abroad database
- Meet with a "PAL" at Education Abroad for one-on-one peer advising
- Meet with your Academic Advisor (to review your academic track, class flexibility, and plans to study abroad in relation to your graduation & major/minor requirements).
- Apply for your chosen study abroad program through Pace (via the blue "Apply Now" button), and wait to be notified by Education Abroad. Pace academic credits for study abroad will only be awarded to students who have applied and been accepted to study abroad by Pace Education Abroad.
- After you submit your Pace study abroad application, attend a "Study Abroad 102" info session (N/A for faculty-led programs) - where you will research classes on the host school's/program's website and practice completing course approval forms ("credit equivalencies").
- If accepted into your study abroad program:
- You will then be required to apply to the foreign host institution directly. Follow the instructions sent to you by the Education Abroad office on next steps.
- Complete your course approval forms ("credit equivalencies"). All courses taken abroad must be approved by the relevant Pace department chair. Pace students must take a minimum of 12 U.S. credits during each semester abroad.
- Apply for a visa (if applicable) and book your flight.
- Attend a mandatory pre-departure orientation at Pace Education Abroad.
Students are required to attend both an Abroad 101 & Abroad 102 session within 6 months prior to study abroad, to understand the process and responsibilities. If you are unable to come at any regularly scheduled sessions listed below, email the Study Abroad Office with your availability to set up your preferred time.
New York City
- Mondays: 12:00 - 1:00 pm / 163 William Street, 16th floor
- Tuesdays | Thursdays: 12:15-1:15 pm / 163 William Street, 16th floor
- Tuesdays: 3:25-4:25 pm / Kessel Student Center: Dean's Lounge
- Fridays: 12:10-1:10 pm / Kessel Student Center: Dean's Lounge
Abroad 101 sessions explore the basics of going abroad:
- Short-term, semester, and year program options
- Financial aid & scholarships
- How to apply
Abroad 102 sessions are for students who have already started an Application for study abroad:
- How to make a Course Equivalency Form
- How to make an appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor
- Upcoming events
- Bring a laptop to Abroad 102 so you can practice making a Course Equivalency Form!
Students are required to attend both an Abroad 101 & Abroad 102 session prior to meeting with a Study Abroad Advisor.
Note: Attendance must have been within 6 months prior to study abroad. If your last attendance at either an Abroad 101 or 102 was more than 6 months prior to your program, you will need to re-attend in order to re-familiarize yourself with the process.
Fall 2019 Programs Priority Deadline
Apply through the relevant program link
We invite students to apply for Fall faculty-led programs after April 26 on a space-available basis; applications received after April 26 will be reviewed after the initial round of applicants have been enrolled in the course. You will be notified of your status by Education Abroad after registration week.
Spring 2020 Semester & January 2020 intersession
September 15 or October 15 - depending on the program and term:
- All remaining semester programs
- January 2020 short-term programs
Our office is staffed by student "Pace Abroad Leaders" who can help to answer your general questions about Pace study abroad programs. All PALs are returned study abroad students who are eager to share their experiences with you!
PALs can help you with:
- Learning more about program options
- How to decide on what program works best for you
- Applying for programs
- Understanding the general study abroad process
- Dropping off application materials
- Travel/packing tips
PALs may refer you to our professional advising staff and can help you make an appointment for questions that go into specifics beyond peer advising.
New York City PALS:
Priyanka Eluri - University of Westminster, during Spring 2018
Priyanka is a senior at Pace University NYC studying Global Marketing Management in the Lubin School of Business. She spent the Spring 2018 semester (her sophomore year) studying abroad at the University of Westminster in London. She is also extremely passionate about travel.
Kendra Orrell - Universidad Pontifica, during Spring 2018
Kendra is a senior and an International Management major with a minor in Spanish and Finance. She also serves as a Peer Leader and is involved in the Residence Hall Association, NRHH, ASPIRE and Hall Council. She studied abroad at Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICADE in Madrid, Spain. She looks forward to sharing all of her experiences from traveling abroad!
Pleasantville PALs... TBA!
Fall 2019 Advising & Abroad 101/102 Schedule
9 am-4 pm
9 am-2 pm
9 am-4 pm
9 am-3 pm
10 am-12 pm
12:00 - 12:30 pm
12:15 - 12:45 pm
12:15 - 12:45 pm
10:00 am-2:00 pm
Scheduling an Advising Appointment with an Advisor
After attending an Abroad 101, you will be able to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
On-line appointment scheduling instructions:
- To make an appointment with the applicable staff member, click on the staff member's name.
- NYC students: Select 'Madeline McCarthy'
- PLV students: Select 'Kristina Byrne'
- Click the "Request an appointment" button.
- Click the "Click to Request An Appointment" link in the middle.
- To select a time slot, click on the blue time slot. If the time slot is
crossed out, this indicates the slot is taken.
- When you return to the main screen, the selected Appointment Date/Time will be filled in.
- Click the Send tab to complete/book the appointment.
Instagram #pacestudyabroad #thiscouldbeyourpace
Check out #pacestudyabroad & #pace_plv_abroad to see photos of Pace students abroad!