Summer Study Abroad Programs
Many of Pace's partner universities abroad offer short-term study opportunities in the summer. Visit the links below to explore just some of these programs.
Program fees (tuition and fees, room and/or board) are the responsibility of the student and are paid directly by the student to the host institution/program provider. A $100 Study Abroad Fee is billed to the student's Pace Any out-of-pocket expenses (airfare, meals, visas, etc.) are the responsibility of the student. Federal Financial Aid applies to summer programs as long as the student is enrolled full time for summer (6 credit hours); a separate Summer Loan application is required. Pace institutional aid (scholarships/grants) and Pace tuition remission do not apply.
The maximum enrollment is 8 credits for Summer I and 8 credits for Summer II. Pace students are not permitted to take more than 8 credits during a summer term. Students are also not permitted to take courses at Pace (in-person or online) during the same Pace Summer Session in which they are studying abroad.
- The global situation regarding COVID-19 is concerning and fast-changing. While Pace Education Abroad is currently processing Summer 2021 applications for study abroad to certain destinations, this is subject to change. It is unclear what the state of the pandemic will be in the next few months, or what U.S. or foreign government policies will be concerning border closures and entry restrictions. Pace University could decide to prohibit study abroad for summer based on U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories and/or the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Travel Notices. Our decision-making is always guided by what we believe is in the best interest of our students’ health and safety, balanced with the students’ educational goals and opportunities.
- Participation in Summer 2021 study abroad programs is contingent upon foreign borders being open to receive students from Pace. Students must have a valid passport, visa (if relevant), and all required documentation in order for travel–such as proof of negative COVID-19 test and possible proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Note that immigration regulations are in flux globally and subject to change at any time.
- Students will also be asked to sign an Assumption of Risk & Release of Liability document.
- Do NOT purchase airfare or make travel plans connected with summer study abroad until told to do so by Pace Education Abroad.
- We strongly suggest that students purchase fully refundable airline tickets and/or trip cancellation insurance ("cancel for any reason" coverage) and ensure that the policy covers cancellation due to the pandemic. (Pace assumes no responsibility for losses or penalties due to program cancellation or student withdrawal.)
- Read full information about COVID-19 and Pace study abroad on the individual program's Terra Dotta brochure page, "COVID-19 Considerations" tab.
- London: University of Westminster–January 29 update: in-person summer 2021 courses cancelled by Westminster
- Bristol: University of Bristol
- Aix-en-Provence: IAU College–February 5 update: France initiated new travel restrictions and will no longer accept students on study abroad programs less than 90 days.
- Lyon: CEFAM: French-American Business School–February 5 update: France initiated new travel restrictions and will no longer accept students on study abroad programs less than 90 days.
- Paris: American University of Paris–February 5 update: France initiated new travel restrictions and will no longer accept students on study abroad programs less than 90 days.
- Paris: Paris School of Business–February 5 update: France initiated new travel restrictions and will no longer accept students on study abroad programs less than 90 days.
- Tokyo: Sophia University's East Asian Studies Program or Japanese Language Program–February 10 update: in-person summer 2021 programs cancelled by Sophia
- Moss: American College of Norway– 4-week summer session in Norway (July 12-August 6, 2021) is in development
- Seoul: Kyung Hee University–January 15 update: in-person summer 2021 programs cancelled by Kyung Hee University
Pace also partners with other universities and providers (not listed above). Explore more summer study abroad options by clicking this link: Explore Your World: SEARCH STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMS
Note: Pace also offers Faculty-Led Programs–courses taught and led by Pace Professors abroad–some of which offer study abroad travel in the summer. However, these programs are cancelled for Summer 2021.