New York City
Build on a desire to change lives by supporting a commitment to learning and advance your skills and knowledge to be an adaptable, exceptional educational leader. So, if you who have an interest in understanding schooling and the forces that reshape education, yet do not wish to pursue a career in teaching, this minor is for you.
Get Ahead of the Class
- Embrace technology! You'll have the opportunity to practice real teaching using our virtual reality classroom simulator. We are one of the only schools in the region with this technology!
- Our teachers enter the field with experience! From your sophomore year, you’ll participate in immersive fieldwork and student teaching experience that include tutoring and small group instruction.
- Get hired! We have such strong partnerships with local school districts that our students are getting hired before they even graduate!
TAKE COURSES LIKE…
The Education Minor consists of 15 credits, with one required course and four electives. The required course, TCH 201 Understanding Schools, introduces students to the historical, philosophical, legal, and social influences associated with schooling. The elective courses examine broad issues affecting education, schools, teaching, adolescent, and children’s learning. Ideas and practices are presented through the lens of schooling and can be applied broadly to educational contexts in a variety of fields.
- TCH 201 Understanding Schools
- TCH 203 Understanding Development: Childhood and Adolescence in Context
- TCH 301 Understanding Learning Environments
ADD OPPORTUNITIES AND EXPERIENCES
Travel abroad as a travel elective with one of our faculty-led courses to Italy or Ecuador. With these abroad courses, you’ll have the opportunity to examine social, economic, and cultural forces influencing educational practice.
CHOOSE YOUR CAREER
With a minor in Education, there exists many opportunities for career enhancement. Many education-related professions, such as those in public policy planning, quality assurance, nursing, business, technology, in both public and private sector agencies, seek employees with strong backgrounds in education.
WHERE GRADUATES ARE EMPLOYED
NYC DOE, Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam Public School Districts
of our graduates are employed or continuing their education
highest paid education graduates in the US (Source: College Factual)
highest paid special education graduates in the US (Source: Grad Reports)