New York Life Group Benefit Solutions Secure Travel (PDF), which is a component of your basic life insurance coverage, provides emergency medical and travel services, as well as helpful pre-trip planning assistance, when traveling 100 miles or more away from home on University business or on vacation. The toll-free customer service center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
In the event of a medical emergency, New York Life Group Benefit Solutions Secure Travel can arrange and cover the cost of transportation to the nearest appropriate hospital or medical facility. The program will also provide up-front payment up to $10,000, if required prior to treatment.
The service also provides:
- Round-trip transportation as well as accommodations, up to $150 per day for up to seven days, for a family member or friend to visit a covered person who is hospitalized more than 100 miles away from home for more than seven days.
- Travel arrangements for the return of a travel companion or children under age 18 who are left unattended due to the covered person’s medical emergency.
- Emergency evacuation and repatriation, when medically necessary. View Brochure for more information (PDF).
New York Life Group Benefit Solutions Secure Travel also offers other emergency assistance and pre-trip planning services.
- For U.S and Canada 1 (888) 226-4567
- Other locations call collect (202) 331-7635
- By Fax: (202) 331-1528
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency services must be coordinated through Generali Global Assistance. Services coordinated outside of this program may not be eligible for payment.