Civility at Pace
As a member of the Pace University Community, I pledge to conduct myself with dignity and respect.
I am accountable for my words and actions.
I believe in integrity.
I believe in diversity.
I believe in equality.
I believe in civility.
- Model the behavior you would like to see from others.
- Speak up—do not let your silence condone disrespectful behavior.
- Be mindful that conflict is healthy if expressed appropriately—you are not always right and others are not always wrong.
- Be a respectful listener.
- Remember that your tone of voice matters: It’s not what you say, it’s what others hear!
- Consider how your use of technology (email, social media, etc.) helps or hinders a respectful work environment.
- Make an effort to have difficult conversations in person or by telephone, not electronically.
- Embrace a positive and solution-oriented approach to resolving conflicts or expressing complaints.
- Show appreciation by saying please and thank you.
- Keep in mind that kindness has a ripple effect—treat everyone with respect and consideration.
Employee and Labor Relations assists with general management regarding developing, maintaining and improving employee relationships via communication, performance management, processing grievances and/or disputes as well as interpreting and conveying University policies. Employee Relations recognizes employees for service contributed to the Pace community and provides assistance with professional growth. Finally, Employee and Labor Relations is responsible for negotiation and administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreements for the two employee Unions on campus.
The official source of policies and procedures for administrators and staff relating to their employment relationship with the University. The Employee Handbook is in PDF format. There is also an A-Z listing of HR Policies.
Employment verification requests for Pace University are completed by The Work Number for Everyone®. The Work Number is an independent service that provides a secure automated way for employees to authorize third party verifiers (like lenders, landlords, and social services agencies) to confirm their Pace University employment and salary information.
Human Resources is committed to developing applications that replace paper forms with online applications that make processes easier and quicker for users, available 24/7, provide additional accountability through workflow tracking, pre-populate with existing information, as well as reduce errors and improve data integrity through direct uploads into Banner and/or other systems. Please note that some applications require you to be on the Pace network. (VPN may be required if not on-campus.)
The Manager's Toolbox is designed to assist you in your role as a manager by providing you with a specific site containing the human resources information, guidelines and forms you need. The resources here will assist and support you in your everyday work as a manager or supervisor.
Effective performance management is a key element in the morale and retention of our best people and a key responsibility for managers.
Offering programs designed to build management skills, interpersonal and communication skills, and technical skills. All University employees are eligible to attend workshops and programs.