Do you have questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Please read the COVID -19 FAQ (PDF), updated by Cigna March 16, 2020.
- Visit Pace University’s latest updates and policies on Coronavirus.
It’s important to exercise and try to keep your mind and body as healthy as possible. Don’t forget about your financial wellness!
- Mindfulness: Release the Stress. Thursday, October 21 from 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 917 6401 2992 Password: 476689 Dial by your location: +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Join us to gain an understanding of what mindfulness is and how it’s practiced; Discover how it can impact well-being and reduce stress levels; Explore several mindfulness techniques, and learn how you can use mindfulness in your daily life. We are happy to have Cigna’s EAP presenter Dionne Brown-Bushrod lead this 45-minute seminar, and will have the remaining time for a question and answer session.
- The Power of Initiative. Wednesday, October 27 from 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 995 6144 2610 Password: 596780 Dial by your location: +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
In this seminar, Cigna’s EAP presenter Dr. Rick Conforto will help attendees understand what it means to take initiative; Explore roadblocks that may stop one from taking control; Discover how to “re-frame” self-defeating thoughts; Discuss the power of purpose and other motivating strategies; and review strategies for taking initiative in the workplace. This will be a 45-minute seminar, with an additional 15 minutes allocated to address your questions.
- Healthy Eating and Cooking for the Fall. Thursday, November 4 from 12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m. Register today for this fun and informative class!
She’s baaack! Join our “head healthy person” from Flurish Wellness, presenter Lisa Farley as she teaches us how to incorporate fresh food into our diet to increase fiber and nutrients. Learn to eat healthy and cook healthy with fall produce. Please register in advance to receive the menu, shopping list and preparations list so that those of you joining from home can prepare the recipes with Lisa. This is a great class to watch from the office, too! The recipes are simple and you’ll be able to prepare them along with Lisa or at your convenience.
The following seminars are offered to all of Cigna’s customers, and are not dedicated exclusively to the Pace audience:
Cigna’s seminars are free and you don’t have to register. The seminars are open to anyone, including parents, caregivers and loved ones. Sign up for any one of these seminars and you’ll receive a reminder once the event date gets closer.
A direct link to all Cigna Health and Wellness information is also listed for easy reference: Health and Wellness Library (cigna.com)
Register for a live TIAA-hosted webinar. If you have difficulty accessing the registration site, please clear out your browser cache and cookies, then type this information in your browser: TIAA.org/webinars. These seminars are offered to all of TIAA’s customers, and are not dedicated exclusively to the Pace audience.
Watch for November’s live webinar topics!
TIAA has developed a series of webinars reflecting on leadership lessons learned in earlier crises; considerations for navigating our current challenging times—and what to think about as we look toward the future, and more! Please visit this site TIAA Forward Focus: Insights for our times to watch these webinars on demand.
- Tai Chi/Qigong: Thursdays, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. All levels are always welcome!
Join the Tai Chi/Qigong Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 647 272 566. Please contact Inita Mix or firstname.lastname@example.org for the password. Originating in ancient China, Tai Chi and Qigong are some of the most effective exercises for health, combining mind and body. Join us for a moment of tranquility in your day. Gently improve muscle strength, coordination, flexibility, balance, stiffness and overall wellness through coordinated body-postures and movement, breathing and meditation. Classes are provided by Master Lynn X. Lin of Sitan Tai Chi. Master Lynn X. Lin is co-founder and Vice President of Tai Chi Qigong Association of America and Vice President of Sitan Tai Chi & Martial Arts.
We’ve partnered with Athletics to bring you LIVE remote classes, via zoom! For the zoom links, please email JR Pouncey. You now have an opportunity to work out to recorded classes! To obtain the link to any of the recorded Athletics classes listed below, write to JR Pouncey at email@example.com.
- Yoga with Ingrid Mondays, from 1:00 p.m.–1:45 p.m. Contact person – For the link to Zoom, please email JR Pouncey. Ingrid’s approach to yoga in this setting, is breath and movement-based and informed with her deep experience in the practice with a focus on inner listening and cultivating a deeper connection to oneself through yoga asana and pranayama, (postures and breath). Health and wellness isn’t just about understanding your body better, but developing the habits and practices that will bring you the transformation you seek. Whether you want to get stronger and more flexible, learn optimal movement, or start or improve your yoga practice, Ingrid welcomes all levels and experience.
- Zumba with Joann Mondays, from 5:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m. Contact person – For the link to Zoom, please email JR Pouncey. JoAnn’s Zumba class combines fun, sweat and dancing.
- Meditative Yoga with Lauri Mondays, 6:15 p.m.–7:15 p.m. Contact person – For the link to Zoom, please email JR Pouncey. Want to wind down after the first day of the work week? Join veteran yoga teacher Lauri Nemetz for a gentle and restorative yoga practice with extra time for long guided meditations, savasana (active relaxation) and more!
- Yoga with Lauri Tuesdays from 11:15 a.m.–12:00 p.m. (Zoom only. Link has not changed.) Wednesdays, from 5:15 p.m.–6:15 p.m. (Zoom and In–Person) LOCATION IN PLEASANTVILLE, AEROBICS ROOM and SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH INDOOR RESTRICTIONS. For the link to Zoom, please email JR Pouncey. Yoga is an ancient practice based on philosophy, mindfulness and asana work. Asanas or “poses” can also be translated as “comfortable seat” meaning that as we practice different poses they become more comfortable for our body and give us more ways to move with ease. Class will have modifications and emphasize an all-level practice and will include breath work and final relaxation. Come join!
- Bootcamp with Omar Wednesdays and Fridays, from 12:30 p.m.–1:00 p.m. Contact person – For the link to Zoom, please email JR Pouncey. This boot camp circuit workout works your entire body with cardio, lower body, upper body and core exercises. You won't need any equipment, which makes this the perfect workout for small spaces, travel exercise or for anyone who wants a challenging workout using their own body weight. You will be walked through how to modify each exercise towards your fitness level so that you can have a fun and enjoyable workout!
- Toning with Joann Thursdays, from 5:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m. (Zoom and In–Person) LOCATION IN PLEASANTVILLE, AEROBICS ROOM and SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH INDOOR RESTRICTIONS. For the link to Zoom, please email JR Pouncey. The toning class combines weights, cardio floor work, balance and combination of barre exercises that will tone your body.
- Cardio Kickboxing with Joann Thursdays, from 6:00 p.m.–6:45 p.m. (Zoom and In–Person) LOCATION IN PLEASANTVILLE, AEROBICS ROOM and SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH INDOOR RESTRICTIONS. For the link to Zoom, please email JR Pouncey. Get ready to punch and kick. This class bring lots of sweat, fun and hard work to this workout.
Get to Know the Instructors:
Ingrid Tarjan has been teaching yoga at Pace since 2002 and has been a yoga practitioner for more than 25 years. She is also Nutrition Counselor and Personal Trainer at Equinox. As a lover of deep learning with a myriad of certifications in her field, along with prior corporate experience and a Masters in Philosophy, she brings a unique perspective to the practice. Having learned from and practiced with renowned yogis worldwide, she imparts the teachings of the practice, including mindfulness, to enhance your health and wellbeing.
JoAnn Hamilton is a certified Aerobics and Zumba instructor. She has taught at Pace for over 10 years.
Laurice (Lauri) Nemetz, MA, BC-DMT, E-RYT500, LCAT, C-IAYT Adjunct Associate Professor, is a well-known yoga teacher and has taught at Pace University Pleasantville for over 17 years. She is a past-President of the Yoga Teachers Association (YTA), and is a certified yoga therapist and is registered at the highest level with Yoga Alliance (YA) in addition to being a YA education provider. She has taught yoga and anatomy workshops internationally and presents regularly at conferences and other universities including Harvard Medical School and Oxford University.
Omar Torres is an active student and an Army veteran of more than 12 years. He's competed in numerous fitness competitions such as mixed martial arts, powerlifting, marathons and Spartan races. His various certification include kettlebells and TRX suspension training.
Online links to practice on your own time:
- Yoga: Ingrid, our yoga instructor in NY recommended this online website for yoga.
- Tai Chi: Olivia, our tai chi instructor recommended this Youtube video to practice tai chi.
Call the EAP toll-free number at 1 (877) 622-4327: You do not need to be enrolled in Cigna to participate in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). As always, the EAP is available 24/7. It provides confidential counseling to assist in solving personal, family and work-related problems as well as a resource to go to when you don't know where to go for help. Please call the EAP toll-free number at 1 (877) 622-4327.
Cigna EAP Webcasts: Join a Cigna EAP wellness webcast, including webinars on Coronavirus Fears and Concerns
You do not need to be enrolled in Cigna to participate in the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). While feelings of anxiety are normal, they can make day-to-day life more difficult. Cigna EAP is offering several on-demand webcasts that address the impact of these challenges. These one-hour webcasts offer strategies for managing stressful thoughts and emotions. You can explore the idea of resilience and how to build yours up. Experience the practice of mindfulness – a way of gently training your mind for greater calm. Gain practical tips for being successful in a work at home environment. To view any of these recorded webcasts, click on the link below. When you log into the Wellness Webcast portal, you can choose to attend one of these seminars, register for upcoming seminars, or attend other on-demand seminars. Cigna EAP Wellness Webcast Portal.
TIAA Webinars and Resources
TIAA has developed a single webpage to consolidate the market volatility and coronavirus details: TIAA Forward Focus: Insight for our Times. The webinars are open to all Pace University employees and are posted in the Live Webinar Lounge.