May 25, 2022: A message from Aetna’s EAP: “Resources to Help with Coping with Current Events"
Visit Pace University’s latest updates and policies on Coronavirus.
Aetna’s EAP offers free weekly webinars on a variety of topics such as communication, stress management, coping skills, parenting, relationships, healthy living and more. You may watch a recorded webinar from the webinar library. Newly recorded webinars will be available in the webinar library 1-2 weeks after the live presentation.
Please plan up to an hour for each presentation. This includes webinar and Q&A time. Webinar participant seating is limited.
Please register early to ensure availability.
Caregiving: The Personal Price, Challenges and Rewards. Tuesday, June 28 from 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Caring for another person — whether a relative, spouse, partner or friend — can be physically and emotionally draining. However, it can also offer rewards. Join this webinar to learn more about how to manage your caregiving role to achieve better balance and maintain your wellbeing. Learn about:
- The stresses of caring for another person
- The benefits caregivers can get from their task
- How and why caregivers need care too!
None schedule at this time. Check back again later!
Register for a live TIAA-hosted webinar. If you have difficulty accessing the registration site, please clear out your browser cache and cookies, then try again. If still having issues, please contact email@example.com.
Looking to Turn Your Retirement Savings Into a “Paycheck” for Life? Tuesday, July 12 from 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
You diversify your investment portfolio before retirement to help offset risk. A similar strategy can help see you through retirement. Learn how creating a diversified income plan can help reduce the risks you may face in retirement and ensure you have income that never runs out.
Start to Finish: The Early Career Woman’s Guide to Financial Wisdom. Tuesday, July 12 from 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Investing and saving strategies for women, core concepts that guide all investing, building a plan and taking action, ways to help take on life challenges without damaging future financial well-being.
Quarterly Economic and Market Update with TIAA’s Chief Investment Strategist. Wednesday, July 13 from 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
Take a closer look at our views on the financial markets, including key market drivers, the U.S. economy, policy and politics, and investing in public markets.
Beneficiary Considerations. Wednesday, July 13 from 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
We spend our lifetimes building wealth, and understanding how it will be distributed to our beneficiaries is important to our legacies and our beneficiaries. In this seminar, you will learn more about how the acceleration of income taxation will impact both individual and trust beneficiaries, address a new class of beneficiaries, and discuss exceptions to the new rules.
Within Reach: Transitioning from Career to Retirement. Tuesday, July 19 from 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
So it’s time to retire, now what? Make some final preparations to help shift from an active career to retirement. From income options to taxes to health insurance, you need to be prepared.
- Tai Chi/Qigong: Thursdays, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. All levels are always welcome!
Join the Tai Chi/Qigong Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 860 9161 6719. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the password. Originating in ancient China, Tai Chi and Qigong are some of the most effective exercises for health, combining mind and body. Join us for a moment of tranquility in your day. Gently improve muscle strength, coordination, flexibility, balance, stiffness and overall wellness through coordinated body-postures and movement, breathing and meditation. Classes are provided by Master Lynn X. Lin of Sitan Tai Chi. Master Lynn X. Lin is co-founder and Vice President of Tai Chi Qigong Association of America and Vice President of Sitan Tai Chi & Martial Arts.
You now have an opportunity to work out to recorded classes or attend a live one! For the Zoom links or to obtain the link to any of the recorded Athletics classes listed below, write to write to JR Pouncy in the Athletics Department.
- Yoga with Ingrid Mondays, from 12:00 p.m.–12:45 p.m. Ingrid’s approach to yoga in this setting, is breath and movement-based and informed with her deep experience in the practice with a focus on inner listening and cultivating a deeper connection to oneself through yoga asana and pranayama, (postures and breath). Health and wellness isn’t just about understanding your body better, but developing the habits and practices that will bring you the transformation you seek. Whether you want to get stronger and more flexible, learn optimal movement, or start or improve your yoga practice, Ingrid welcomes all levels and experience.
- Zumba with Joann Mondays, from 5:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m. JoAnn’s Zumba class combines fun, sweat and dancing.
- Meditative Yoga with Lauri Mondays, 6:15 p.m.–7:15 p.m. Want to wind down after the first day of the work week? Join veteran yoga teacher Lauri Nemetz for a gentle and restorative yoga practice with extra time for long guided meditations, savasana (active relaxation) and more!
- Yoga with Lauri Tuesdays from 11:15 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Yoga is an ancient practice based on philosophy, mindfulness and asana work. Asanas or “poses” can also be translated as “comfortable seat” meaning that as we practice different poses they become more comfortable for our body and give us more ways to move with ease. Class will have modifications and emphasize an all-level practice and will include breath work and final relaxation. Come join!
- Bootcamp with Omar Wednesdays and Fridays, from 12:30 p.m.–1:00 p.m. This boot camp circuit workout works your entire body with cardio, lower body, upper body and core exercises. You won't need any equipment, which makes this the perfect workout for small spaces, travel exercise or for anyone who wants a challenging workout using their own body weight. You will be walked through how to modify each exercise towards your fitness level so that you can have a fun and enjoyable workout!
- Toning with Joann Thursdays, from 5:00 p.m.–5:45 p.m. The toning class combines weights, cardio floor work, balance and combination of barre exercises that will tone your body.
- Cardio Kickboxing with Joann Thursdays, from 6:00 p.m.–6:45 p.m. Get ready to punch and kick. This class bring lots of sweat, fun and hard work to this workout.
Get to Know the Instructors:
Ingrid Tarjan has been teaching yoga at Pace since 2002 and has been a yoga practitioner for more than 25 years. She is also Nutrition Counselor and Personal Trainer at Equinox. As a lover of deep learning with a myriad of certifications in her field, along with prior corporate experience and a Masters in Philosophy, she brings a unique perspective to the practice. Having learned from and practiced with renowned yogis worldwide, she imparts the teachings of the practice, including mindfulness, to enhance your health and wellbeing.
JoAnn Hamilton is a certified Aerobics and Zumba instructor. She has taught at Pace for over 10 years.
Laurice (Lauri) Nemetz, MA, BC-DMT, E-RYT500, LCAT, C-IAYT Adjunct Associate Professor, is a well-known yoga teacher and has taught at Pace University Pleasantville for over 17 years. She is a past-President of the Yoga Teachers Association (YTA), and is a certified yoga therapist and is registered at the highest level with Yoga Alliance (YA) in addition to being a YA education provider. She has taught yoga and anatomy workshops internationally and presents regularly at conferences and other universities including Harvard Medical School and Oxford University.
Omar Torres is an active student and an Army veteran of more than 12 years. He's competed in numerous fitness competitions such as mixed martial arts, powerlifting, marathons and Spartan races. His various certification include kettlebells and TRX suspension training.
Online links to practice on your own time:
- Yoga: Ingrid, our yoga instructor in NY recommended this online website for yoga.
- Tai Chi: Olivia, our tai chi instructor recommended this Youtube video to practice tai chi.
TIAA Webinars and Resources
TIAA has developed a single webpage to consolidate the market volatility and coronavirus details: TIAA Forward Focus: Insight for our Times. The webinars are open to all Pace University employees and are posted in the Live Webinar Lounge. TIAA is conducting Virtual Counseling Meetings via Adobe Connect. View the schedule and register for one of the sessions.